Pbl

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

War Eagle

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did a search to find what schools are PBL based, but I only found a couple threads that mentioned a few schools. Does anyone know what schools are PBL based? If you know of any besides USC and Harvard please post. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I did a search to find what schools are PBL based, but I only found a couple threads that mentioned a few schools. Does anyone know what schools are PBL based? If you know of any besides USC and Harvard please post. Thanks.

Indiana also has some PBL curriculum.

I think UCSF and Case also have partial PBL?

Members don't see this ad :)
So when you guys say that these schools have a partial pbl, do you mean that you learn the stuff in lecture first and then have a case study where you are applying the material?

Last edited:
Is UCSF partial PBL??? Really??

Is PBL beneficial?? I heard a lot of bad stuff about USC's PBL prog

Is PBL beneficial?? I heard a lot of bad stuff about USC's PBL prog

There have been lots of debates on this, and it seems that it depends on how you learn. I know that for me having a professor display the material in an organized fashion does wonders. I think that doing case studies after lecture is a great way to apply the material. My physiology class did that, and it was awesome. My undergrad is trying to push a new learning style very similar to pbl. What I found is that it takes much more time to learn less information. I also found that many times things would be learned incorrectly and then have to be re-learned. Class time often seemed lik a waste, and it seemed like all learning responsibility was passed onto the students (most responsibility is already on the student, but it seemed that the teachers got a free pass).