PCAT Chemistry Section Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmwhisperer

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
PCAT study guide from pearson doesn't help bro. It's an old test. think about it. they don't use it as a practice test but only so u feel test out hence only $25 as oppose to higher fee for prac test 234. Trust me i used it and it didn't help. had 65 then 38 on chem using only pearson prac test and study guide. pearson sucks cause it doesn't have enough prac questions ull face on real test day. but that doesn't mean u shouldn't do your best learning as much you can. u should do collins and then see if pearson prac test 234 can be tackled. i used pearon then collins. if i did collins, first i wouldn't have to waste time studying and retaking this stuff 4 times.

use collins friend.

i made mistake spending 3wks on collins study guide memorizing learning everything. found out i retained 80%-75% when I did his prac test and needed revisit study guide re-learn some stuff. best way learn is do your best on reviewing study guide but don't be perfect at it and then do prac quest from collin. you'' realize making mistakes is best way to learn. hey, prolly you should even do question first to get a feel, mix and math and experiment dont be scared :) trust yr intuition as it is shaped as you progress thru material.

I studied the Chemistry section right off Dr. Collins and got 91. Dr. Collins really has pretty much every thing you need for chemistry. Do all the practice tests within the 35min allowed time and you will be great.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I studied the Chemistry section right off Dr. Collins and got 91. Dr. Collins really has pretty much every thing you need for chemistry. Do all the practice tests within the 35min allowed time and you will be great.
how well did u do on math and reading? any tips cause that my weakest sect. i didn't spent much time on collins with math read.

Which year is your Dr.Collins?
It's pretty old 2012-2013 i think. I got it from a friend.

how well did u do on math and reading? any tips cause that my weakest sect. i didn't spent much time on collins with math read.
I got 95 for math. I didn't prepare for reading/verbal at all and did terribly. I kept looking at the time during the reading section and couldn't focus. I really suggest finding some reading strategies that fit you the best and do lots of timed practice tests.

and all these were from my Jan 2015 test.

It's pretty old 2012-2013 i think. I got it from a friend.

I got 95 for math. I didn't prepare for reading/verbal at all and did terribly. I kept looking at the time during the reading section and couldn't focus. I really suggest finding some reading strategies that fit you the best and do lots of timed practice tests.

and all these were from my Jan 2015 test.

How did you prepare for Biology and Math? I've been doing pretty well in the Bio and Quant Section within Pearson practice test, but I'm afraid that Pearson may be easier than the actual PCAT.