PCAT July 2016 Preliminary Score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gxckaboom

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I finished my PCAT this morning. I'm happy with what I got but I have some concerns.

Here are my score:

Biology: 416 (66)
Chemistry: 439 (92)
Critical Reading: 397 (52)
Quantitative Reading: 460 (99)

Composite : 428 (91)

I'm extremely happy about my composite score. However, I feel disappointed about my biology and critical reading score as I thought I did well on those. My writing portion will probably be bad since I didn't pay much attention to it during review/practice, plus I ran out of time on the real test as well.

My GPA: 3.2 (Bio/Chem major) which is on the low end of the spectrum, so crossing fingers that my PCAT will be a plus on my application.

My question is : will my low biology, critical readings scores and possible essay portion negatively affect my chance for a good pharmacy program ? I feel I don't need to retake since a lower score on the second attempt will be detrimental.

Let me know what you think. Thanks guys. Good luck on your app/test as well

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I finished my PCAT this morning. I'm happy with what I got but I have some concerns.

Here are my score:

I'm extremely happy about my composite score. However, I feel disappointed about my biology and critical reading score as I thought I did well on those. My writing portion will probably be bad as well since I didn't pay attention to it much during review/practice and I ran out of time on the real test.

My GPA: 3.2 (Bio/Chem major) which is on the low end of the spectrum, so crossing fingers that my PCAT will be a plus on my application.

My question is : will my low biology, critical readings scores and possible essay portion negatively affect my chance for a good pharmacy program ? I feel I don't need to retake since a lower score on the second attempt will be detrimental.

What was your essay topic about?

Here are my score:

I'm extremely happy about my composite score. However, I feel disappointed about my biology and critical reading score as I thought I did well on those. My writing portion will probably be bad since I didn't pay much attention to it during review/practice, plus I ran out of time on the real test as well.

Congratulations! What did you use to study for the pcat?

Members don't see this ad :)

Here are my score:

I'm on the same boat as you with the biology section! I did horrible on that too. I'm hoping it wouldn't affect my chances with the pharmacy programs I want cause I really really don't wanna take it again.

Reactions: 1 user
lol I have the exact opposite problem
Bio 455 98%
Chem 449 96%
Reading 428 94
Math 399 47%....
Composite is 433 95%

Would the math ruin everything? I'm simply awful at math, especially the way the PCAT tests it. REALLY don't want to spend another 230 re-taking the exam.

lol I have the exact opposite problem
Bio 455 98%
Chem 449 96%
Reading 428 94
Math 399 47%....
Composite is 433 95%

Would the math ruin everything? I'm simply awful at math, especially the way the PCAT tests it. REALLY don't want to spend another 230 re-taking the exam.

Haha, I would love to have your problem :) since pharmacy schools prefer strong bio/chem score. You definitely do not need a retake.

Here are my score:

You must be extremely good at math, I didn't even get to see a good chunk of the questions. What did you use to study math?

Reactions: 1 user
Haha, I would love to have your problem :) since pharmacy schools prefer strong bio/chem score. You definitely do not need a retake.
Thanks for the reassurance. You sure the math grade won't raise some eyebrows though? It would be pretty awkward to admit that I suck at math during an interview (if I even get one)

Here are my score:

You did so well on chem and reading! how did you prepare for those research passage questions for science? I think that was what completely messed up my chem score :( I studied with Dr.Collin 2015, but they don't have those passage questions... English is my second language and I honestly have no idea how to improve my score on reading questions and CR! :(

Just curious, should I have anything to worry about with my bio score??

Bio: 60
Chem: 94
Reading: 93
QA: 99
Overall: 97

Also selling my Dr. Collin's material with no writing in it and my Kaplan books! Let me know if interested!