PCAT NEXT STEP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OD2018

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried taking the PCAT practice exams on NEXT STEP? I was wondering how similar is it to the actual one.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
With proper studying, I believe you'll do okay on the PCAT without purchasing Next Step's exams. I took their free exam, and I guess it was similar to the PCAT. Maybe a bit tougher.

Reactions: 1 user
i am october 31st too 11:45am..., guys can we do some practice together pls, omg i am getting nervous already:scared::scared:!!!

Inbox me, did you try pearson practice question? I tried one yesternight after my post here...i performed woefully, i got 63% correctly in Bio, 50% in critical reading, 50% in Q.R and 80% in chemistry

Sent from my SGH-I317M using SDN mobile

Inbox me, did you try pearson practice question? I tried one yesternight after my post here...i performed woefully, i got 63% correctly in Bio, 50% in critical reading, 50% in Q.R and 80% in chemistry

Sent from my SGH-I317M using SDN mobile
Tell me about it, i did my first full test with crack the pcat and i got a 80 on chem 50 in reading, Bio i thought i did well but did horribly and got 70 in math which i thought i missed alot. Crack d pcat is much harder then real thing so ...but i take my first pearson practice on Monday. Dont let your scores discourage u. Continue to review n practice, u might just do alright on test day or even better.

Reactions: 1 user
Tell me about it, i did my first full test with crack the pcat and i got a 80 on chem 50 in reading, Bio i thought i did well but did horribly and got 70 in math which i thought i missed alot. Crack d pcat is much harder then real thing so ...but i take my first pearson practice on Monday. Dont let your scores discourage u. Continue to review n practice, u might just do alright on test day or even better.
Thanks man, so how did you do on the pearson practice

It seems as if Dr. Collins practice questions are a little on the easier side and Next Step questions are more difficult. What are more realistic to what you will see on the actual PCAT?
Im not sure since I didn’t use Dr Collins, but I believe both have the basic format down for PCAT
But I think Dr Collins will help you more from what I’ve heard

Have any of you used Dr. Collins at all? How does typical score translation work? Like 36/48 = 60% percentile, etc.
I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks