This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

OD2018

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone tried taking the PCAT practice exams on NEXT STEP? I was wondering how similar is it to the actual one.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
With proper studying, I believe you'll do okay on the PCAT without purchasing Next Step's exams. I took their free exam, and I guess it was similar to the PCAT. Maybe a bit tougher.
 
Inbox me, did you try pearson practice question? I tried one yesternight after my post here...i performed woefully, i got 63% correctly in Bio, 50% in critical reading, 50% in Q.R and 80% in chemistry

Sent from my SGH-I317M using SDN mobile
 
Inbox me, did you try pearson practice question? I tried one yesternight after my post here...i performed woefully, i got 63% correctly in Bio, 50% in critical reading, 50% in Q.R and 80% in chemistry

Sent from my SGH-I317M using SDN mobile
Tell me about it, i did my first full test with crack the pcat and i got a 80 on chem 50 in reading, Bio i thought i did well but did horribly and got 70 in math which i thought i missed alot. Crack d pcat is much harder then real thing so ...but i take my first pearson practice on Monday. Dont let your scores discourage u. Continue to review n practice, u might just do alright on test day or even better.
 
Tell me about it, i did my first full test with crack the pcat and i got a 80 on chem 50 in reading, Bio i thought i did well but did horribly and got 70 in math which i thought i missed alot. Crack d pcat is much harder then real thing so ...but i take my first pearson practice on Monday. Dont let your scores discourage u. Continue to review n practice, u might just do alright on test day or even better.
Thanks man, so how did you do on the pearson practice
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It seems as if Dr. Collins practice questions are a little on the easier side and Next Step questions are more difficult. What are more realistic to what you will see on the actual PCAT?
Im not sure since I didn’t use Dr Collins, but I believe both have the basic format down for PCAT
But I think Dr Collins will help you more from what I’ve heard