Pcat Orgo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coolmoe_33

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The Kaplan Book That I Bought Only Has A Very Samll Section On Organic Chemistry But Some Ppl Are Saying That Organic Chem Is Like Half The Chemistry Section. Does Anyone Have Any Insight To This? Also, Is There Evolution On The Bio Section?

Members don't see this ad.

coolmoe_33 said:
The Kaplan Book That I Bought Only Has A Very Samll Section On Organic Chemistry But Some Ppl Are Saying That Organic Chem Is Like Half The Chemistry Section. Does Anyone Have Any Insight To This? Also, Is There Evolution On The Bio Section?

Damn near half of the Chem section was organic. Not quite half, but it makes up alot of the chem section

If you excelled in orgo I, you'll do great with the orgo covered on the PCAT.

Make sure to try to have the basics locked down solid before you take the exam.

the ochem section is nowhere near half of the exam. i remember 6 questions distinctly, mostly predict the product and "show how a reaction takes place" with an arrow diagram. meaning select the right arrow diagram that reflects the product. very straightforward. another question about what is a general formula for an alkene.

Members don't see this ad :)
blueclassring said:
the ochem section is nowhere near half of the exam. i remember 6 questions distinctly, mostly predict the product and "show how a reaction takes place" with an arrow diagram. meaning select the right arrow diagram that reflects the product. very straightforward. another question about what is a general formula for an alkene.

Thank God! I hope it stays that way. Would studying the Organic section of the Kaplan book be sufficient then?

starsweet said:
Thank God! I hope it stays that way. Would studying the Organic section of the Kaplan book be sufficient then?

there were more than 6 organic questions

Who cares how many questions? It's stuff you have to know! Some nomenclature, predicting products of dehydration, etc reactions, basic formulas for alkanes, aldehydes, etc. Nothing too complicated like mechanisms and what not. Study the review in the Kaplan book and if you have your notes laying around from the first semester of Organic, it wouldn't hurt to look over those, but seriously don't stress about it.