Pcat Practice Test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Robotjim

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
well I just took my first practice test. I felt that the quantitative ability and reading comprehension sections were very difficult. This was especially due to the time issue. I was hoping that some of you Pcat survivors had some good recommendations for mastering these sections.... also, the practice pcat i took was made by kaplan... has anyone taken a kaplan practice as well as the real pcat?? if so could you tell me how similar they were... thank you all for your time. -Jimmy

Members don't see this ad.

I never took the Kaplan PCAT course....

...but, the key thing with math is practice. Practicing with a lot of math questions can diagnose areas of weaknesses while allowing you to see patterns in answers that will cut down on processing time on the real PCAT. The PCAT math section is one of the most dreaded by examinees as you are going at 80 miles per hour figuratively trying to answer problems. You have to learn to be efficient.

For reading, an overall goal is to learn to read critically and trying to figuratively "see the forest" instead of the trees. Many times, people bog down on the details or difficult sections and not get the message. Each author for each passage has some message that has some bias that has some implication in the answer choices. Figure that out and you can do well. You can practice that with Examkrackers' MCAT Verbal Reasoning book.

Don't practice for the math section by doing problems that require a calculator. Every problem on the test can be done by hand or in your head. You need to learn every single little math 'trick' to be able to do well. Do you know what a 3-4-5 triangle is? Stuff like that.