Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

PCAT prerequisite question

Discussion in 'PCAT Discussions' started by rolyat, May 8, 2008.

1. rolyat

7+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I plan on applying for 2010 admission, so I will be taking the PCAT next year.
    This past year I took General Chem 1. Next year I plan on taking Org Chem 1 & 2, meaning if I apply next year, I will not have General Chem 2 for the PCAT. Should I change it to where I have General Chem 2 next fall and Org Chem 1 in the spring? Please post your opinions.

2. fenixtnlfan

fenixtnlfan P2 Wildcat
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I think you should definitely take Gen Chem 2 before the PCAT. There will definitely be questions from that class. The general consensus is that OChem 2 isn't stressed as much as OChem 1 on the PCAT.

3. Farcus

10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Bio 1+2, Gen Chem 1+2 is really all you need, for ochem just skip through an ochem book on a few selected things. Mainly Gen Chem 2 though like a very very good portion of that pcat is specifically on Gen Chem 2 stuff

4. FireyDragon

FireyDragon Beach Day is everyday!
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Don't you normally have to take general chem 2 before you take organic 1 anyway?

I would definitely take chem 2 especially since most school require it as a prerequisite.

Good luck.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...