PCAT prerequisite question

Started by rolyat
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rolyat

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I plan on applying for 2010 admission, so I will be taking the PCAT next year.
This past year I took General Chem 1. Next year I plan on taking Org Chem 1 & 2, meaning if I apply next year, I will not have General Chem 2 for the PCAT. Should I change it to where I have General Chem 2 next fall and Org Chem 1 in the spring? Please post your opinions.
 
I think you should definitely take Gen Chem 2 before the PCAT. There will definitely be questions from that class. The general consensus is that OChem 2 isn't stressed as much as OChem 1 on the PCAT.
 
Bio 1+2, Gen Chem 1+2 is really all you need, for ochem just skip through an ochem book on a few selected things. Mainly Gen Chem 2 though like a very very good portion of that pcat is specifically on Gen Chem 2 stuff
 
Don't you normally have to take general chem 2 before you take organic 1 anyway?

I would definitely take chem 2 especially since most school require it as a prerequisite.

Good luck.