PCAT Problems?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hollynbaby

golfer-in-training! ;)
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I could go to lodge a complaint with Hartcort about the exam facilities as well as the proctors? I took the test yesterday (jan 22) and was mortified by the location as well as the behavior of the proctors.

The desks in the exam location were not even big enough for the answer sheet to fit on. 1/4 of the answer sheet wasn't on the desk, if that makes any sense. It was very very very small :mad: . The proctors let 2 people in after 9 am (when we were getting ready to start the exam) and we had to wait for them to fill in their name, etc. During our break the proctors let people talk on their cell phones. The proctors also let people have their cell phones on vibrate, so of course everyone's phones were going off during the test.

AND the dude next to me was cheating. He continued to write the essay while the proctor was collecting test booklets. And right before our break, he had his book open and was looking @ the quant section!!!

Grrr!!! :mad: :(

Members don't see this ad.

wheelsonfire said:
Ok, I appreciate where you are coming from. But, hear me out.
Say you OWN a small, independent pharmacy connected with a doctor's office that often throws business your way. One of the MD's pt's comes into your pharmacy and has an RX for something you don't have (too new). So, you call the doc and he/she says,” I figured you didn't have it, but I have the samples from the drug rep. and I'll give them to you so you can fill what I have ordered."
What do you do???? Do you blur the lines in the interest of your small business??? Do you break the law??? Do you bubble after time has been called???

I would definately NOT break the law. I would maintain the highest standard of integrity, even if it meant losing buisiness for my company.

wheelsonfire said:
Ok, I appreciate where you are coming from. But, hear me out.
Say you OWN a small, independent pharmacy connected with a doctor's office that often throws business your way. One of the MD's pt's comes into your pharmacy and has an RX for something you don't have (too new). So, you call the doc and he/she says,” I figured you didn't have it, but I have the samples from the drug rep. and I'll give them to you so you can fill what I have ordered."

Im confused by this senario. Why doesnt the doctor just give the patient the samples and give the pharmacist the heads up that there may be a need for that drug in his formulary?

DownonthePharm said:
Im confused by this senario. Why doesnt the doctor just give the patient the samples and give the pharmacist the heads up that there may be a need for that drug in his formulary?

That's exactly what I thought. When I've been to the doctor and she just happens to have drug samples of what she's prescribing, I've never left without at least a week's worth, along with a rx (my ob/gyn just gave me three months worth of BC plus a coupon for one more free when these run out - rock on!)

Why would the doctor create an extra hassle for their patient if they didn't need to? The samples that they give out don't last very long, so the patient has to go to the pharmacy at some point anyway.

And taken2, I'm going to have to agree with others here that what you did was a little shady. You might not consider it cheating, but Harcourt does. If you're willing to compromise your integrity for a test, what are you going to do when the going gets rough in real life?

Members don't see this ad :)
Moxxie said:
That's exactly what I thought. When I've been to the doctor and she just happens to have drug samples of what she's prescribing, I've never left without at least a week's worth, along with a rx (my ob/gyn just gave me three months worth of BC plus a coupon for one more free when these run out - rock on!)

So the pharmacist could charge the pt for the drug rather than giving it away for free. I know it sounds stupid, but I saw it happen.

wheelsonfire said:
So the pharmacist could charge the pt for the drug rather than giving it away for free. I know it sounds stupid, but I saw it happen.

That's not cool. I definitely wouldn't charge for something that the drug companies are giving away for free. But is it illegal? (And no, I'm not saying that if it isn't illegal, it's OK to do).

Moxxie said:
That's not cool. I definitely wouldn't charge for something that the drug companies are giving away for free. But is it illegal? (And no, I'm not saying that if it isn't illegal, it's OK to do).

That's why I thought the example was appropriate for this discussion! ;)