PCAT professor any good?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmCAS

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone who has used the PCAT professor, does it help improve the score? or just waste of money??

Members don't see this ad.

I found it useful as practice.

I found the verbal and reading comprhension good. I didn't practice on that section much as I've always tend to do well in that department. It would be excellent practice for someone who needed help in that area, especially when it comes to reading the prompts and answering quickly.
I found the biology portion to be the most useful. I did find a great deal of the questions similar to those on the PCAT.
I did find the math and chemistry to be lacking however, there is not much organic in the chemistry section nor is their much calculus in the math. The math sections were useful in helping you learn how to pace yourself and quickly do some of the easier questions on the PCAT.

I woudn't soley rely on the PCAT professor if you want to do well on the PCAT. It does however provide lots of extra practice. If you do decide to subscribe to it, I reccomend using a timer as you go through the practice modules so you learn how to pace yourself.

Alright, hope that helps.