1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

PCAT professor any good?

Discussion in 'PCAT Discussions' started by pharmCAS, Aug 7, 2006.

1. pharmCAS

pharmCAS Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

anyone who has used the PCAT professor, does it help improve the score? or just waste of money??

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. pharmacazoid

pharmacazoid Member
    2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I found it useful as practice.

I found the verbal and reading comprhension good. I didn't practice on that section much as I've always tend to do well in that department. It would be excellent practice for someone who needed help in that area, especially when it comes to reading the prompts and answering quickly.
    I found the biology portion to be the most useful. I did find a great deal of the questions similar to those on the PCAT.
    I did find the math and chemistry to be lacking however, there is not much organic in the chemistry section nor is their much calculus in the math. The math sections were useful in helping you learn how to pace yourself and quickly do some of the easier questions on the PCAT.

I woudn't soley rely on the PCAT professor if you want to do well on the PCAT. It does however provide lots of extra practice. If you do decide to subscribe to it, I reccomend using a timer as you go through the practice modules so you learn how to pace yourself.

Alright, hope that helps.