pcat question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cellex

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have a question about Pcat.
I took Pcat on Oct without preparing and did not do very well.
My gpa is only 3.0 Science gpa 3.2..
I applied to four schools so far, two require Pcat and the other two don't. I don't know if I should retake the Pcat or not.
what do u guys think?
Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by Cellex
Hi everyone, I have a question about Pcat.
I took Pcat on Oct without preparing and did not do very well.
My gpa is only 3.0 Science gpa 3.2..
I applied to four schools so far, two require Pcat and the other two don't. I don't know if I should retake the Pcat or not.
what do u guys think?
Thank you.

Where did you apply to?

I don't think it would hurt to retake the PCAT...be sure to get a few practice tests from those small PCAT books and study that HUGE MCAT book. I studied these materials along with a few chemistry and biology specific study guides and did well (about 2 to 3 months in advance).

When I was first applying I thought that the PCAT was a huge deal, but only 1 of the schools (out of 5) I applied to actually required it (U of Arizona). All that stress for nothing! I wouldn't worry about it too much, take it again. It's only one part of the application....However, make sure that your activities, essays, and letters of rec are well written and detailed, then you got a shot! It isn't alll about grades and test scores from what these schools are saying...

Good Luck!