pcat registration...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TV09

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a quick ? about pcat registration. During the process, it says you have to list the schools now as opposed to changing them later. I am not going into pharmacy school (glw) until Fall 2008 and I am not set yet on where I want to send them to. Should I wait to register later or do it now and settle on some schools to apply to, or is there some way around it? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I have a quick ? about pcat registration. During the process, it says you have to list the schools now as opposed to changing them later. I am not going into pharmacy school (glw) until Fall 2008 and I am not set yet on where I want to send them to. Should I wait to register later or do it now and settle on some schools to apply to, or is there some way around it? Thanks

You have a couple of ways you can look at it, I suppose...

If you wait to register you may not get to take the test where/when you want to (some sites and dates fill up pretty quickly) - On the other hand, if you decide to go back and add a school later (after submitting your application) you'll have to pay extra money. I suppose it depends on what's more important to you.

Do you have the schools narrowed down at all?? If so, you might want to see if 1)they require PCAT scores for admittance and 2)if they do require the PCAT, do they want you to have your scores sent to them directly or only through PharmCas?

If I was in your position, I think I'd go ahead and register and have my scores sent to PharmCas and what I think my top choices would be (up to the limit that they allow for the $125 fee). Then if I decided to apply to additional/different schools later, I'd just pay the additional fee to have them added.

Hope that helps!