SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

pcat registration...

Discussion in 'PCAT Discussions' started by TV09, Mar 4, 2007.

  1. TV09

    TV09 7+ Year Member

    Jan 12, 2007
    I have a quick ? about pcat registration. During the process, it says you have to list the schools now as opposed to changing them later. I am not going into pharmacy school (glw) until Fall 2008 and I am not set yet on where I want to send them to. Should I wait to register later or do it now and settle on some schools to apply to, or is there some way around it? Thanks
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Julianne

    Julianne War Eagle!! Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

    Feb 9, 2006
    You have a couple of ways you can look at it, I suppose...

    If you wait to register you may not get to take the test where/when you want to (some sites and dates fill up pretty quickly) - On the other hand, if you decide to go back and add a school later (after submitting your application) you'll have to pay extra money. I suppose it depends on what's more important to you.

    Do you have the schools narrowed down at all?? If so, you might want to see if 1)they require PCAT scores for admittance and 2)if they do require the PCAT, do they want you to have your scores sent to them directly or only through PharmCas?

    If I was in your position, I think I'd go ahead and register and have my scores sent to PharmCas and what I think my top choices would be (up to the limit that they allow for the $125 fee). Then if I decided to apply to additional/different schools later, I'd just pay the additional fee to have them added.

    Hope that helps!
  4. TV09

    TV09 7+ Year Member

    Jan 12, 2007
    that sounds good...thanks 4 the advice Julianne

Share This Page