PCAT Score Recipients

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Prepharm1214

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure on which schools i wish to apply to for the upcoming cycle...is this a huge issue when registering for the pcat right now? Currently I have select pharmcas as one recipient but i am unsure on who else to select. Will this cover myself for all of the schools using pharmcas?

Members don't see this ad.

yes it should cover you for all pharmcas schools the only schools you would need to send your scores to directly would be non-pharmcas schools

if you decide to apply to more schools later on you can always add the school to the recipient list of your PCAT score.

I believe it's about $20 per additional school.

I did the opposite and put down the schools I wanted to recieve pcat scores but I failed to select Pharmcas as a recipient:mad: I just did not even see Pharmcas at the very top of the list. Now, I will have to pay the $20 to get a transcript sent to Pharmcas.

What a silly mistake:rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
I did the opposite and put down the schools I wanted to recieve pcat scores but I failed to select Pharmcas as a recipient:mad: I just did not even see Pharmcas at the very top of the list. Now, I will have to pay the $20 to get a transcript sent to Pharmcas.

What a silly mistake:rolleyes:

Make that 2 of us. So can we just log back in to PCAT now and request it OR we have to wait after the exam ?

I think you can request a transcript to be sent now but the website states the request may not be processed until 2 weeks after the scores are recieved :rolleyes:

I am beginning to think this whole application process is going to be one big headache!

when I registered for the PCAT I selected PharmCAS and ALL the schools I am applying (which use PharmCAS by the way) as my score recipients. I now realize that was not necessary. Will they penalize me for not following directions? What do you guys think will happen? :scared:

when I registered for the PCAT I selected PharmCAS and ALL the schools I am applying (which use PharmCAS by the way) as my score recipients. I now realize that was not necessary. Will they penalize me for not following directions? What do you guys think will happen? :scared:

Nah, the schools will problem just trash those scores and just use the PharmCAS schools.

im still a little confused about how sending the score recipents work. Does sending scores to pharmcas mean that they will send my score to all the pharmcas schools? I plan on applying to LIU and St john's Fischer. Is it necessary to send my score to LIU, St. John's Fischer and Pharmcas? or sending it only to Pharmcas is good?

im still a little confused about how sending the score recipents work. Does sending scores to pharmcas mean that they will send my score to all the pharmcas schools? I plan on applying to LIU and St john's Fischer. Is it necessary to send my score to LIU, St. John's Fischer and Pharmcas? or sending it only to Pharmcas is good?

Yes, designating PharmCAS as a PCAT recipient will result in all of the PharmCAS schools you designate on your app getting your scores.

I guess the codes for individual PharmCAS schools are there for safety purposes given that most PharmCAS schools accept scores directly from Pearson.

Yes, designating PharmCAS as a PCAT recipient will result in all of the PharmCAS schools you designate on your app getting your scores.

I guess the codes for individual PharmCAS schools are there for safety purposes given that most PharmCAS schools accept scores directly from Pearson.

thank you Omnione, by any chance do you know where i go to change the score recipient section? b/c i did not put pharmcas as my score recipient?

thank you Omnione, by any chance do you know where i go to change the score recipient section? b/c i did not put pharmcas as my score recipient?

If you've already applied, then I believe that you can call PSE Customer Relations (1-800-622-3231 or 1-888-211-8276) and change it up until the Late Registration deadline for your test. If that deadline has passed, then I think that you're stuck with having to request another transcript mailed to PharmCAS.

I will mention that some SDN member had a story where PharmCAS got the scores somehow when they weren't designated. I wouldn't cut corners and assume that this is the case though.

I'm a little confused after reading everything.

I signed up for the June 21st PCAT and automatically put down the 3 schools I'm applying to for them to send my scores to. Was this wrong? Should I have picked PharmCAS only, instead? (They are all PharmCAS schools, btw.) I didn't realize this was an option or I was supposed to do this. From talking to other people I thought it would just automatically go to PharmCAS.

Do I need to request another transcript be sent to PharmCAS now? I hope not.:(

I'm a little confused after reading everything.

I signed up for the June 21st PCAT and automatically put down the 3 schools I'm applying to for them to send my scores to. Was this wrong? Should I have picked PharmCAS only, instead? (They are all PharmCAS schools, btw.) I didn't realize this was an option or I was supposed to do this. From talking to other people I thought it would just automatically go to PharmCAS.

Do I need to request another transcript be sent to PharmCAS now? I hope not.:(

I actually thought I was going to have this same problem, but I just talked to someone from Harcourt and she said that if you pick any PharmCAS school for your scores to be sent to, the score will automatically get sent to PharmCAS regardless of whether you specifically picked PharmCAS from the list.