pcat scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DesiPharm

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got pcat scores but I dont understand that what is composite score and all of you posted like 99,90,85 etc.How do you calculate overall percentile?

Members don't see this ad.

DesiPharm said:
I got pcat scores but I dont understand that what is composite score and all of you posted like 99,90,85 etc.How do you calculate overall percentile?
It's simply your percentile composite score.

There's not a need to be condescending and rude. The person asked a question to get an answer, not to get attitude. That's A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E in case you were wondering.

OSURxgirl said:
There's not a need to be condescending and rude. The person asked a question to get an answer, not to get attitude. That's A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E in case you were wondering.
Meant to be a joke. Sorry if you took it the wrong way. Saying just look at the composite score is seemed a little too simple. That's why I put the part about the below 10, I assumed that this person really didn't need the ridiculous explantion. I'll be more straight forward and serious in the future so I won't make anyone upset.

Members don't see this ad :)
Betty'sBeast said:
The composite score is the score next to where the letters are in this order: C-O-M-P-O-S-I-T-E
But don't get confused, there will be a scaled score and a percentile score. The percentile score will be in the column that reads "Percentile". Your composite percentile score will be represented by the combination of the two numbers, read left to right, that is in the same row as "Composite" and the same column as "Percentile". The number on the left represents the 10's place. Multiply the number on the left by 10 and write it down so you won't forget it. Now multipy the number on the right by 1 and write it down also. Now add the two numbers you have written down and that is your composite percentile score. If you have less than a 10 when you add the two numbers, you really needed this post. Good luck.
wow. how nice and helpful :thumbdown:

DesiPharm said:
Your composite is an "overall" score. Your percentile is based on how you did compared with everyone else who took the PCAT on that date.