Pcat time limits :S

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PhArMaCiS

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I will doing my pcat in 2wks and Im just wondering if 30mins to do chemistry questions is enough?? From kaplan, ive been seeing alot of calculations and I don't believe I can finish 48qs in 30mins

Members don't see this ad.

Well thats the challenge of the PCATs. The test is a measure of your knowledge and your ability to take test during stressful environment. (time restrictions) By design, most people will not finish the entire exam within the given time. However, there will always be a fraction of people that will be able to complete the exam. Anyways, if you do run out of time, just remember to complete the scantron with at least guesses because there will be no point deduction if you make a mistake.

Yes, definately guess. No one really finishes the chem section, and because no one does, if you are under like...10? incompleted question, you will most likely score in the 90% tile.

In June PCAT most of the Chem questions were conceptual. So most of us ended up in 5 or 10 mints to spare at the end...

Members don't see this ad :)
I took the exam in January and I didn't finish. I think I had to guess on two questions so it wasn't as bad as quant. I still got a 95 so you don't have to finish to do well.

I finished chem early last year mainly because I drew a blank on nearly every ochem related question and had to guess lol. That's what I get for not reviewing and being a year removed from taking an ochem course. So that ended up being my lowest subsection mark.

But general chem I found to be very straightforward and generally not time consuming because as mentioned earlier it is very conceptual.

Anyways, worse that can happen is that you end up guessing. You're that much more likely to get it right being that the MC questions are 4 choices only.