PCOM Class of 2018

Started by PearlGirl
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PearlGirl

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys! I haven't seen anything for 2018 so I thought I'd start one. I received an interview invite today. Has anyone else? I haven't found too much on this school. I have already been accepted to Mercer, and I am thinking about declining my interview slot. I don't have anymore vacation time left at work or the money for the drive (~8 hours).

Anyone have any opinions on PCOM or PCOM vs. Mercer?

:luck:Good luck every one!
 
I thought I was the only one. Yes, I too received one from PCOM today. Not 100% sure if I will attend it yet.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received an invitation also. Im contemplating if I want to go also since I've already been accepted to Mercer like pearlgirl.
 
Heard it was a nice area but haven't heard anything else.. I think Mercer would probably be better
 
I also was accepted at Mercer, which was my first choice school. I have heard PCOM is a very nice school too so I may go on Oct 24 just to see how I like it.
 
I also received an interview invite but mine is scheduled for Friday January 10, 2014 @7:45AM. Anyone else get an invite? For the people who attended, how was the whole process? Did you enjoy the campus? Are the interviews open or closed file and is it a one on one or group interview?
 
I also received an interview invite but mine is scheduled for Friday January 10, 2014 @7:45AM. Anyone else get an invite? For the people who attended, how was the whole process? Did you enjoy the campus? Are the interviews open or closed file and is it a one on one or group interview?

I also got an interview invite yesterday from PCOM, scheduled for Dec 5. Honestly I don't know too much about PCOM. Anyone who's been through their interview and knows about the school, can you tell us about your impressions?
 
I also got an interview invite yesterday from PCOM, scheduled for Dec 5. Honestly I don't know too much about PCOM. Anyone who's been through their interview and knows about the school, can you tell us about your impressions?
When was your application complete? So how long was it until you heard back from them? I just got my last rec needed last week. My patience is running thin...
 
When was your application complete? So how long was it until you heard back from them? I just got my last rec needed last week. My patience is running thin...

I e-submitted my PharmCAS application on Oct 20, my PCOM supplemental last week or so. My last reference letter was also completed last week. Heard back from them yesterday.
 
I'm so excited that I got an interview on January 10th @11:45AM!
Submitted supplemental on 11/19 and invited on 11/27.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know when this school starts looking at the waitlist again? This school really impressed me with their facility and staff. I'm hoping I get pulled off soon :nailbiting:
 
My interview is on March 29 at 11:45am! Anybody else have the same session?

Also, I was told at the open house last night that they interview about 300 people and accept about 100, so if you have an interview you have about a 30% chance of getting in! 😛
 
Hi everyone:
I have a question:how long after you submitted your application to PharmCAS did it take for you to receive the Supplemental application? Granted, I did just submit the PharmCAS app on the day of the deadline (Monday)...but I haven't gotten any correspondence from PCOM.
 
I heard two weeks after.
Hi everyone:
I have a question:how long after you submitted your application to PharmCAS did it take for you to receive the Supplemental application? Granted, I did just submit the PharmCAS app on the day of the deadline (Monday)...but I haven't gotten any correspondence from PCOM.
 
Has anyone else been accepted, waitlisted, interviewed, etc? Kinda sad how dead this thread is being that pcom was a very nice school.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone else been accepted, waitlisted, interviewed, etc? Kinda sad how dead this thread is being that pcom was a very nice school.

I have an interview this saturday! I found out 6 days ago and live in Florida...needless to say with such little time I feel underprepared. my university does mock interviews but they don't have enough time to squeeze me in :/ how intense is the process, my email said it will be 5 hours long
 
I have an interview this saturday! I found out 6 days ago and live in Florida...needless to say with such little time I feel underprepared. my university does mock interviews but they don't have enough time to squeeze me in :/ how intense is the process, my email said it will be 5 hours long
I had the same amount of time . I also live in florida! The process is not intense at all. You go in have a tour, take a written essay that's 30min long ( mine was about immunizations). Then you have an interview. I had 2 professors and a p4 student. Questions are very generic pretty much why pharmacy and if you have any prior experience. The interview is closed file as well so they know nothing about you except your name.

Keep us posted how it goes and gl!
 
Just received my supplemental app this morning. 🙂 Is there not a supplemental app fee, or did I miss it when I flipped through the tabs? I know this is a question I can call and ask, but I can NEVER get Simone in admissions to answer the phone. :bored:
 
Just received my supplemental app this morning. 🙂 Is there not a supplemental app fee, or did I miss it when I flipped through the tabs? I know this is a question I can call and ask, but I can NEVER get Simone in admissions to answer the phone. :bored:
It's free, they waved it this year
 
Anyone know when they will be sending out the background check items?
Q. Does PCOM require a Criminal Background Check (CBC) and Drug Screen prior to matriculation?
A. Yes. PCOM participates in CBC and drug screen programs offered to all participating PharmCAS institutions through third party vendors. All accepted applicants to PCOM are required to complete a CBC and drug screen through these PharmCAS programs prior to enrolling. Information and instructions on these programs and how to complete them will accompany your acceptance letter.

🙂 hope that helps
 
Q. Does PCOM require a Criminal Background Check (CBC) and Drug Screen prior to matriculation?
A. Yes. PCOM participates in CBC and drug screen programs offered to all participating PharmCAS institutions through third party vendors. All accepted applicants to PCOM are required to complete a CBC and drug screen through these PharmCAS programs prior to enrolling. Information and instructions on these programs and how to complete them will accompany your acceptance letter.

🙂 hope that helps
Thanks, Problem is it didn't come in my packet lol.
 
Do you only get a supplemental application if you are accepted or does everyone get a supplemental application?
 
I'm hoping I'll get in-waiting to hear about an interview invite from PCOM now...
 
Hi All:

I know I've asked about an application fee before, and was told by @TechthenpharmD that it was waived this year. However, when I looked at my online application summary, I saw this:

The application fee of $50 may be sent via check or money order to: PCOM Office of Admissions, 4170 City Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19131-1694. We cannot accept online payments.

Did any of you have to pay this application fee?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi All:

I know I've asked about an application fee before, and was told by @TechthenpharmD that it was waived this year. However, when I looked at my online application summary, I saw this:

The application fee of $50 may be sent via check or money order to: PCOM Office of Admissions, 4170 City Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19131-1694. We cannot accept online payments.

Did any of you have to pay this application fee?
I didn't pay anything when I applied. You sure your not looking at the DO students application?
 
Maybe it is for the DO students...I'll just wait and see if they ask for a fee...thanks!
You did receive the email about receiving all your app materials right? Being that it's late in the cycle they probably will take longer to respond with interviews. So if you got that email about your app being completed then I don't think you would need to worry about a fee.
 
You did receive the email about receiving all your app materials right? Being that it's late in the cycle they probably will take longer to respond with interviews. So if you got that email about your app being completed then I don't think you would need to worry about a fee.

Yes, I got the acknowledgment email, and PCOM has everything. I really wish I hadn't waited so long to apply, but I had to get the funds for PharmCAS...:sorry: