You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
PCOM (Philadelphia) Discussion Thread 2011-2012
Started by ShyRem
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i called to see if the file i sent was compatible with their system. they lady seemed slightly irritated bc they have "like a thousand" applications to filter through, which i told her i understood. i even had my best manners on 😀. well, i ended up just sending in a hard copy too.
PS. they want us to wait at least 10 days before checking to see if they received it.
I really hope the rest of the faculty isn't like this.
Never got a complete email. They did cash my check howeverI am sure they are slammed with the hurricane etc, I'll check up on my app in a week or two.
My cashed check was posted over the weekend!
Admissions =/= faculty.I really hope the rest of the faculty isn't like this.
haha same with me. They cashed my check and never sent me a complete email =[
hope they send one soon! So anxious!
+1
cGPA: 3.38, sGPA: 3.22, 28M (11BS, 7PS, 10VR), OOS
Just letting you know, PCOM is notorious for wanting an 8 minimum on every section.
Also, on interview day:
P-C-O-M not PCOM
Just letting you know, PCOM is notorious for wanting an 8 minimum on every section.
Also, on interview day:
P-C-O-M not PCOM
That isn't the case for a lot of people as I know many with sub 8 scores that got in
Just letting you know, PCOM is notorious for wanting an 8 minimum on every section.
Also, on interview day:
P-C-O-M not PCOM
If they wanted an 8 minimum on every section, they wouldn't have offered an interview. They don't waste time interviewing heads they wont accept. With over 5,000 applicants, I'm sure they can fill their entire class with people who scored no less than 10 on every section
If they wanted an 8 minimum on every section, they wouldn't have offered an interview. They don't waste time interviewing heads they wont accept. With over 5,000 applicants, I'm sure they can fill their entire class with people who scored no less than 10 on every section
I know four people granted interviews who had sections less than 8--they had their interviews and their 'decision' letters stated they would wait to make a decision until another MCAT was taken.
I know four people granted interviews who had sections less than 8--they had their interviews and their 'decision' letters stated they would wait to make a decision until another MCAT was taken.
Seems to me that the school should inform applicants, prior to having the person invest in the interviewing process, that another MCAT would be necessary. 👎
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just contacted PCOM admission and they said the IT manager was out of office last week and everyone should get their "complete" email soon.
Good luck to everyone!
Thats great news! Thanks for the initiative and letting us know!
My friend is applying to PCOM this year and she got a 23 on her MCAT (9 BS, 8 PS, 6 VR). Otherwise she has a stellar application and would crush an interview. Is it worth it for her to apply now and perhaps take the January MCAT or should she be waiting a year and taking the MCAT again next summer. Thanks!
For those of you who received interview invites: did they come in e-mail or mail? Thanks!
I know four people granted interviews who had sections less than 8--they had their interviews and their 'decision' letters stated they would wait to make a decision until another MCAT was taken.
Admissions does stress the 8s. And i've heard of a good amount of applicants that have been offered interviews with less than an 8 in a section and their letter said to retake...(but this was close to the end of the application season) HOWEVER, I had a 7 in PS, received an interview, and they did not even ask me about my MCAT in my interview (I had a 24), and I received an acceptance a week later. I interviewed in November, so i'm not sure if that had any bearing on the decision.
definitely not...they know people make mistakes and unless it was a DUI or something rly major it usually isnt bad...stupid traffic misdemeanors...like seriously in some states any speeding ticket is a misdemeanor lolStill no complete email =[
I'm worried about my application because in my AACOMAS, I put I had no felony/misdemeanor but I put I had one traffic accident misdemeanor in the PCOM secondary apps. Do you think that would affect my application?
I know some people have been given interviews, but has anyone actually received a "complete" email?
L
lberg
Can't to start seeing you interviewees rolling in! You'll absolutely love this school. (I say this 3 days post our first exam, too)
Don't get discouraged if it takes them forever to reply though. Admissions seems to be pretty unpredictable. 😕
Word of warning though, CALL to make sure your file is complete if you haven't heard anything. Mine was sitting there 'incomplete' because they didn't notice one of the letters of recommendations in my package (the only required one).
Granted, I had the worst luck with my application materials getting lost in general, but you never know.
Good luck!
Don't get discouraged if it takes them forever to reply though. Admissions seems to be pretty unpredictable. 😕
Word of warning though, CALL to make sure your file is complete if you haven't heard anything. Mine was sitting there 'incomplete' because they didn't notice one of the letters of recommendations in my package (the only required one).
Granted, I had the worst luck with my application materials getting lost in general, but you never know.
Good luck!

Hi everyone, I received the complete email with access information to the status site on Friday night. Just wanted to let you know that they are starting to send them out. I would guess with the long weekend more will come out this week. Good luck, hope to see you all in PA. PCOM is definitely at the top of my list. Maybe we'll get some more interview invites this week!
FYI, sent in secondary by email 8/17 and letters were already sent by my advising office ahead of that.
FYI, sent in secondary by email 8/17 and letters were already sent by my advising office ahead of that.
I know some people have been given interviews, but has anyone actually received a "complete" email?
i didn't. i had sent in my secondary and check by mail and then a week later i received an email for an interview.
just got a complete email today, but they had received my supplementary app back on 8/19
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got an email too but on the app status pg they didnt have my letter of Rec marked blah!I just now received the complete email also.
I got an email too but on the app status pg they didnt have my letter of Rec marked blah!
Mine either. I called and got it cleared up. I'm totally complete now.
Mine either. I called and got it cleared up. I'm totally complete now.
Good call...I'm going to have to call them and get it straightened out too b/c mine is missing the LOR as well. Did anyone's status correctly show them they have the LOR?
Good call...I'm going to have to call them and get it straightened out too b/c mine is missing the LOR as well. Did anyone's status correctly show them they have the LOR?
Mine did not so I called and straightened it out 🙂
I called about the letter requirement as well and the woman said she found my letters and put them into my file. She also said that my application is complete now but my status does not reflect that. Has anyone's status changed after they called them?
When I called the lady said it'd take 24 hrs to reflect the change....I feel bad for the lady she probably got a bunch of calls today about the letters!
edit: just checked and they marked my letter of rec and added under additional letters of rec my DO physician letter
Last edited:
When I called the lady said it'd take 24 hrs to reflect the change....I feel bad for the lady she probably got a bunch of calls today about the letters!
edit: just checked and they marked my letter of rec and added under additional letters of rec my DO physician letter
Same exact thing with me. When I talked to the lady on the phone yesterday, she said that the office is still backed up from the 3 day weekend but once your application is complete that they usually review it almost right away so lets all keep our fingers crossed!
seriously...she probably get like a few hundred calls from applicants about the letters yesterdayThat poor woman...when i called she said they had been having issues downloading letters sent electronically...just a heads up to anyone electronically sending their letters (read: everyone)
seriously...she probably get like a few hundred calls from applicants about the letters yesterday
I know! I feel bad since I actually called twice yesterday. Once before I received the email, then once again after to fix something with the secondary fee (I was fine w/ the letters). She was friendly despite probably having to take a zillion calls about the same stuff.
I know! I feel bad since I actually called twice yesterday. Once before I received the email, then once again after to fix something with the secondary fee (I was fine w/ the letters). She was friendly despite probably having to take a zillion calls about the same stuff.
haha I called twice yesterday, too, to check on the status of my app before I received the email. But I think it was two different people that answered because the first lady wasn't as friendly.
Called PCOM today to check on the status of my application. They said it usually takes 10 business days to send a confirmation email after receipt of your packet. The woman said lately it's been taking about 15 business days (3 weeks), so if you mailed your application, it will probably take close to a month to get the confirmation email.
Just thought I'd share.
Just thought I'd share.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
got a complete email this evening. mailed in my secondary 8/23. all other information received.
to those of you who recently got completed emails, have any of you been offered an interview?
and to those offered interviews, about how much time was there between the complete email and interview email?
just wondering how the timeline/process for offering interviews works.
thank you!
to those of you who recently got completed emails, have any of you been offered an interview?
and to those offered interviews, about how much time was there between the complete email and interview email?
just wondering how the timeline/process for offering interviews works.
thank you!
got a complete email this evening. mailed in my secondary 8/23. all other information received.
to those of you who recently got completed emails, have any of you been offered an interview?
and to those offered interviews, about how much time was there between the complete email and interview email?
just wondering how the timeline/process for offering interviews works.
thank you!
I mailed my secondary in around august 18th or so and was offered an interview the following week. I received the complete email yesterday. I'm not sure what is going on there but it sounds like their system is a bit behind.
D
deleted390966
Same here, except my supp. was received on 8/10.just got a complete email today, but they had received my supplementary app back on 8/19
So I got a 7 on my MCAT verbal section. I already sent my primary to PCOM. I was wondering if its worth it to send in a secondary? I've heard from multiple people on SDN that PCOM doesn't accept people with MCAT section scores lower than 8, and don't want to send a secondary if I will just be wasting my money..
Similar threads
- Replies
- 437
- Views
- 132K
- Replies
- 652
- Views
- 174K
- Replies
- 130
- Views
- 35K
- Replies
- 181
- Views
- 27K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 21K
I am sure they are slammed with the hurricane etc, I'll check up on my app in a week or two.