PCP job markets in SoCal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dodo1016

Reaction score
I am a US-IMG and currently a PGY-1 IM resident at a university affiliated community hospital on the east

coast.

I would like to know if it will be hard/impossible to find outpatient IM PCP job in SoCal upon graduating from

east coast residency program without connection?

If so, how do I increase my odd to find primary care job in SoCal ?

Would specializing help increase my odd to stay in SoCal? If so, what IM subspecialty will provide best

chance for me to work in SoCal to be with my family?

Thank you so much for any advice and insight !

Members don't see this ad.

Are you free from visa restrictions, are you willing to take a pay cut, and are you willing to live away from the cities and coast? If the answer to all of that is yes then you will have absolutely no problem.

Reactions: 1 user
Are you free from visa restrictions, are you willing to take a pay cut, and are you willing to live away from the cities and coast? If the answer to all of that is yes then you will have
Thank you so much for your insight !

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much for your reply. Is it easy to find PCP job even without a connection in SoCal ?

Would email around practices in that area, see if any recruiting offers, look on job sites,
Etc. Primary care jobs are plentiful pretty much anywhere in the country I imagine

Reactions: 1 user