PCSOM give preference to residents?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AmyBass2011

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does PCSOM give accpetance preference to Kentucky residents? Thanks, Amy

Members don't see this ad.

Amy- Not really, the majority are from Kentucky, but being a private school we don't have a certain amount we have to accept from KY. Our preference is mostly for students from Appalachia and rural America.

Originally posted by AmyBass2011
Does PCSOM give accpetance preference to Kentucky residents? Thanks, Amy

Hey Amy,

No, hossofadoc said it best. PCSOM does prefer Appalachian residents, but will accept from anywhere, if the person shows that they really want to be part of PCSOM. If I am not mistaking, there are a couple of students from Texas there now. There is also a gentleman from Connecticut that will be in my class.

Good luck to you

Aaron

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Amy,
I don't know about any gentlemen, but I am the guy from CT that Aaron mentioned. I heard that many PCSOM students are from KY and appalachia but if you are serious about the school you can get in. I did it. Just keep calling and checking on your application with Dean Payson. Later.

Originally posted by dcratamt
Hey Amy,
I don't know about any gentlemen, but I am the guy from CT that Aaron mentioned. I heard that many PCSOM students are from KY and appalachia but if you are serious about the school you can get in. I did it. Just keep calling and checking on your application with Dean Payson. Later.

Come on Dennis! hahahhaa.... Take a compliment. hahahah.

I am just joking with you. Later bro.

Aaron