PDF Expert Worth It?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ulikedaggers

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Opinions?

My school gives us printed syllabi, but they are also available as PDFs online. I would use PDFexpert to unlock the PDFs and type notes as I sit in lecture (since I can type faster than I can write). Then rewrite things that I feel are most important (since I learn better by writing than by typing) when I'm reviewing or studying.

Members don't see this ad.

I have it. I read all my texts in it and download notes (the few times I download notes) into it.

Works well for journal articles. I bought it with the $50 gift card they gave me a year ago for buying an ipad so it was "like free" for me.

I've never used PDF expert, but I've used a similarly priced program (iAnnotate). It was great until I ended up losing several lectures worth of notes. Trashed it. I use Notability instead. It's cheaper, has Dropbox integration, and is better organized. The only downside is that it's for the iPad only. No computer apps available (that I'm aware of) to sync with.

Members don't see this ad :)
Cute pdf.. free. Try it before paying for pdf software.

Opinions?

My school gives us printed syllabi, but they are also available as PDFs online. I would use PDFexpert to unlock the PDFs and type notes as I sit in lecture (since I can type faster than I can write). Then rewrite things that I feel are most important (since I learn better by writing than by typing) when I'm reviewing or studying.

It's good. I use it for all PDFs and the simple annotation options fit my style well. I convert all lectures from ppt to PDF and then drop box them to PDF expert on my iPad. It's easy to organize them and rapidly review notes before an exam.

I use PDF Expert and love it. It's the least buggy/smoothest of the PDF readers for iPad IMO; you get what you pay for! I actually use Notability to annotate, then use PDF Expert to keep my Dropbox organized and to read big textbook files since it loads bigger files the fastest. $10 is not much in the grand scheme of things, go for it!!