Peace Corps + MPH

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DeadCactus

Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of any programs that integrate the peace corp with getting an MPH? I've seen allusion to several programs that combine the two, but none that really integrate the two (if that makes sense).

Members don't see this ad.

if you go to the peace-corps website you can search for schools that allow you to get the MPH while in the PeaceCorps. It seems like the most amazin program ever, good luck!

Hmmm. When I checked the website, the only links I could find were to programs that would basically let you count your PC time as your capstone project which is essentially (to my understanding) little more than getting an MPH and then going to the PC (bordering on taking four or five years).

I was hoping to find something more integrated. Simply for the sake of example: maybe a program where you did a few months of MPH coursework focusing in epidemiology (or whatever specialization your interested in) and then did 27 months as a PC volunteer in a role relevant to your focus (for a total of three years). Again, just a rough example.

Members don't see this ad :)
Holy carp, I suck. After realizing the MHS and MPH are two different programs at Hopkins, I realized they have exactly what I'm looking for. Any input on what it takes to be competitive for said program and what the funding scene is like?

Hey,

I can answer your question about the peace corps + MPH.

Loma Linda University and Boston University have the combined program. Both award the MIH and MPH of your choice after your service. I think the peace corps requires 2 year commitment.

Not sure about JHU MPH program requirements but if the GRE is required a score of 70% should make you very competitive. Basing this off CA MPH schools...