Pebble Watch

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HLxDrummer

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
You guys think the Pebble watch would be a good choice for a medical student? I am going to need to get a watch soon for doing HR/RR and thought the Pebble was interesting. Would let me see emails/texts/calls at a glance without having to pull out my phone. Also does other neat things like displaying apps for cycling, displaying weather, etc.

Doesn't look very classy though and I'm not sure if a bunch of new, better ones will be released soon. Just wondering what you guys think about it.

Any suggestions for regular watches that are decent but not too expensive?

Members don't see this ad.

1. You'll never need to use your watch to do HR/RR. Nurses chart vital signs, and if you don't trust them, there's a clock with a second hand on every wall in the hospital.

2. Just buy a Timex, or whatever. Looks good, less than $50.

3. If you really want to look like a true doctor:
a. 25,000 Euros:

GP_2.jpg

b. $2.5k
LonginesPulsometerChronograph-1.jpg

Victorinox, Dive Master $795
-Very Durable
-General use.
8871383466014_TIM_241555__000__S1_64468_png_1.png

Victorinox, Alliance $450
-Very Durable
-Perfect watch for a classy-looking ***cker ;-)
-Can get you a date
-My favorite
(my girl loves it)
8871379140638_TIM_241542__000__S1_64455_png_1.png

Lego, Classic Bricks $25
-Sh*tty-looking wristwatch
-Heavily used in pediatrics
-Kids love it
-Can probably get you a date as well
830659001130_p0_v2_s260x420.JPG

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You guys think the Pebble watch would be a good choice for a medical student? I am going to need to get a watch soon for doing HR/RR and thought the Pebble was interesting. Would let me see emails/texts/calls at a glance without having to pull out my phone. Also does other neat things like displaying apps for cycling, displaying weather, etc.

Doesn't look very classy though and I'm not sure if a bunch of new, better ones will be released soon. Just wondering what you guys think about it.

Any suggestions for regular watches that are decent but not too expensive?

Hospitals are often in bad neighborhoods, and during med school and residency you will often be leaving the building after dark. Get something that isn't flashy and that won't upset you too much if it gets stolen.

I have the pebble watch and I love it! You can do a lot with it, but I haven't explored the other things that the watch can offer. One caveat is that it drains your phone battery a lot (maybe just with me S3).

I'm planning to use it when I start med school next year.

I have the pebble watch and I love it! You can do a lot with it, but I haven't explored the other things that the watch can offer. One caveat is that it drains your phone battery a lot (maybe just with me S3).

I'm planning to use it when I start med school next year.
I had never heard anything about "pebble watch" before this thread
is it very new?

I had never heard anything about "pebble watch" before this thread
is it very new?

It was a kick start project that started about 1-2 years ago. They just started shipping the products to the backers months ago and now in stores (Best Buy). It is relatively new. Came out with the concept of smart watches before Apple and Samsung got involved.

Here ya go: http://www.3sgto.org/garage_vehicle.php?do=view_vehicle&id=448

It belongs to one of the guys on my car forum.

Basketball fan: thanks for the reply. Does it look somewhat professional or kind of like a toy? Is it bulky at all? Glad you like it!

It looks pretty nice. I have gotten a few looks from it like "wow that it's pretty neat". So I think it's pretty professional, never worn it to an interview though haha. Not bulky at all! And I have a small wrist too!

Good luck!