Pediatric dentistry income

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LeFort

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
check this

http://strada.ifrance.com/pediatric.jpg

A job offer this month in the journal "Pediatric dentistry"

I'm just wondering, is this common?

comments are welcome!

Members don't see this ad.

well...if you read carefully, it says "upwards of"...
in other words, there is no guarantee,
is just saying that if you are skilled and like to work with "many" children (upwards of 30-50/day) , are productive, experienced, and parents like you, then, yes, there is a possibility of making that much as an associate pedo dentist.

You couldn't pay me 500k to be a slave of a dental chain like that.

Members don't see this ad :)
So does any1 have an idea of how much a pediatric dentist makes in the US on average? My guess is that although it is a specialty it may not be as much because its kind of like general practice only that its for kids. I myself never went to a pediatric dentist. I did go to a private GP dentist and he did pretty much everything. If that is the case for others here, could the pediatric dentist income be effected by the lesser demand?

thanx

i worked at a pediatric dentistry office for about a year in California. It was just a private, not a chain. The dentist hired 7 other dentists to work for her, so that she only worked 2 days a week. They saw about an average of 100 patients a day. And on busy days they had double doctors. I don't have any facts for numbers, but I'd guess that she made something around 150,000. She could probably make more if she worked all those days herself and didn't hire so many people.

i worked at a pediatric dentistry office for about a year in California. It was just a private, not a chain. The dentist hired 7 other dentists to work for her, so that she only worked 2 days a week. They saw about an average of 100 patients a day. And on busy days they had double doctors. I don't have any facts for numbers, but I'd guess that she made something around 150,000. She could probably make more if she worked all those days herself and didn't hire so many people.

When I first hear 150k for a pediatric dentist, I kringe....but the key thing here I guess is that she ONLY WORKS 2 DAYS. wow!!

So does any1 have an idea of how much a pediatric dentist makes in the US on average? My guess is that although it is a specialty it may not be as much because its kind of like general practice only that its for kids.

Pediatric dentists are in HUGE demand right now. As an average I'd say $300k working 4 days a week, although that certainly varies. New graduates are probably looking at $180-240k.

Having said that, you've got to truly love it to do it.

Pediatric dentists are in HUGE demand right now. As an average I'd say $300k working 4 days a week, although that certainly varies. New graduates are probably looking at $180-240k.

Having said that, you've got to truly love it to do it.

You know stats indicate (my friend told me this so thats my citation) that happyness doesnt increase significantly after 60K. So a person making 100K may very well be much happier then one who is making 450K. I wouldnt however mind throwing off this statistic by being an outlier on this scatterplot of incomes by making sooo much money and being happier with every extra 10K. JK, there are alot of rich and miserable ppl who are slaves to money.

I shadow a pedo right now. She always looks worn out, but she's never complained once. That shows how much she loves her job. You have no idea how naggy those kids can be. Especially when all you're doing is brushing their teeth. And their parents are watching your every action and listening to your every word.

I shadow a pedo right now. She always looks worn out, but she's never complained once. That shows how much she loves her job. You have no idea how naggy those kids can be. Especially when all you're doing is brushing their teeth. And their parents are watching your every action and listening to your every word.

Yup, they call that the "pressure cooker effect" Just be very careful. One of these days she'll let it alllll out and let us hope it wont be when she has the high speed in her hand. "Mr. XXX, could you please have a seat in the waiting room, I need to speak to your child while he/she is alone, and maybe then, the threats will come in handy."

Just kidding.

10 characters

Last edited: