pediatric fellowship applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shinkansen

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
searched for answers to these questions but couldn't find any. so, without further ado:

if i understand the application process correctly it seems like an inefficient mixed bag of a common application with still sending documents directly to programs.

did y'all get your medical school to upload MSPE and transcripts?
did you send ITE scores individually to programs you applied to as there is no section to upload them to ERAS? -- if so, what a pain in the ass.

any help with sorting this process would be greatly appreciated. i don't have any resources at my residency program, unfortunately.

Members don't see this ad.

I just went through cardiac match which uses SF Match, I assume ERAS for fellowship is similar. I uploaded everything myself but yes, a few programs wanted MSPE and transcript which I sent along myself from my programs old ERAS file - I never had any pushback.

Many programs wanted official copies of USMLE along with ITE score reports. I just kept a master folder and sent info along as needed. Id start gathering that info now so you don't have to worry about it down the line. I was fortunate that my program keeps solid paper records and had it all in my file - just a matter of uploading!

thanks! i guess i just don't see the point of having a 'central application' through ERAS if you still have to send programs a bunch of stuff separately. it would make all the sense in the world to have everything easily and seamlessly done through ERAS. thanks again