Pedo interviews

Started by ecuajedi
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Nope not yet....mostly just conformation that they have all my stuff &y file is completed....but most schools deadlines are September/October except for LMC (which was this last Monday) so I would expect any just yet anyways. Still hopeful tho🙂. Good luck!!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ahhh!! I saw this thread and thought someone had an interview already. I have been waiting, (very impatiently) but I don't expect to hear anything until mid September.
 
Still getting the completed application notifications from programs.Are you guys emailing the ones who did not send out application status or is it just a little too nagging?
 
Yes...I did & it's your right to double check with something as important as this. It's only nagging if you do it multiple times. Most of the programs were receptive & willing to let me know what they have or where they are in the process.
 
I emailed too, but not all responded. If they did not respond, I decided to leave it at that. I was just going to hope that it was complete and not worry about it. We'll all start finding out very soon.
 
I emailed most of the programs to confirm what they needed and sent everything. A few programs responded but I'm not going to follow up with each one to make sure everything is there. It's just too much work and I feel like I'm being annoying.

I am starting to get excited for interviews to be granted!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I didn't apply to any lmc programs.

I keep getting emails from programs but they are just generic thanks for your interest! It's such a mind game, haha.
 
Thanks for replying guys! Yea seems a little later this year... I'm optimistic also..just keep waiting!
 
This is my first pedo rodeo....is this anyone's second time & what did you learn from your past experience??
 
Niles19, do you have any specific questions? I only applied to 3 programs last time, which did not seem to be impressive when I interviewed. I applied to 10 this time. Other than that,I have tried to volunteer where I could and did externships. I hope this helps
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I couldn't find anything on stipend for UPenn (website states "not set yet"). Tuition is around 20k tho
 
LaurenM....thx for your answer. I appreciate you telling your process. I'm a bit older so I'm "going BIG or go home" with 27 schools but I'd keep applying if needed cuz I really want this. At my last externship I did hear the part about applying to only a few programs shows some programs that you don't want it badly enuf to put yourself out there but I also know it's not cheap to apply & if you get a lot of interviews there goes your bank account on flights. So 3 the first year, 10 the next year......did you reapply to the same 3 as well or did you do externships at new places & reapply to the old ones to show persistence??
 
Oops the above was for mini smile & the UPenn was for LaurenM....hehe long weekend for me[emoji2]
 
Good question!!! Idk but I do know there is at least one that isn't doing match (I think it was Detroit)
 
Awesome....how cool[emoji2]
Thx for the info. Man I really hate this waiting....it's kill'n me!!! LoL
 
I have put myself on a strict schedule of only checking my email 3 times a day! I'm so terrible at waiting! Hoping we all hear something VERY soon!
 
I have put myself on a strict schedule of only checking my email 3 times a day! I'm so terrible at waiting! Hoping we all hear something VERY soon!

I don't even want to tell you how many times I check my emails a day, even though I know I would get a notification on my phone if there's one came in. Can't help myself. Can't wait any longer. Struggling.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I thought I'd go ahead and get the list started. When anyone finds out any new interview, please just add to the list and put in bold. Also if we keep it in alphabetical order, it'll be easy to look for the schools we've applied to. Thanks and good luck to everyone! And congrats to those that have already received interview invitations!

LMC Hawaii (email) on 8/28 - interview 9/28 with social that night
LMC San Diego (email) on 9/4 - Interview 10/2 with social on 10/1
LMC Tucson (phone) on 9/9 - interview 10/27 with social the night before
 
LMC Hawaii (email) on 8/28 - interview 9/28 with social that night
LMC San Diego (email) on 9/4 - Interview 10/2 with social on 10/1
LMC Tucson (phone) on 9/9 - interview 10/27 with social the night before
University of Tennessee (email) on 9/2 - Interview 11/6 with social night before
 
LMC Hawaii (email) on 8/28 - interview 9/28 with social that night
LMC Phoenix (email) on 9/9 - interview 10/23 with social on 10/22
LMC San Diego (email) on 9/4 - Interview 10/2 with social on 10/1
LMC Tucson (phone) on 9/9 - interview 10/27 with social the night before
University of Tennessee (email) on 9/2 - Interview 11/6 with social night before

If using gmail, be diligent about checking your spam folder. This one almost got away from me.