PENN Financial Aid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DesiDentist

G. S. Khurana, DMD, MBA
Moderator Emeritus
Vendor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi PENN-Pals:

I wanted to post this cuz I was clueless about financial aid and I'm sure someone else is too.

Well, I emailed Ms. Sue Schwartz today with tons of questions. She called me today and answered them verbally and I wanted to pass them along to you guys.

Well, I'm sure by now everyone has gotten that Stafford Loan Promissory Note and I felt bad cuz I didn't send it out since question twelve was bothering me:

#12) Interest Payments (optional)

I want to pay unsubsidized interest while I am in school.

I asked her what to do about this. She said to mark Yes, since PENN will pay the unsubsidized interest for all FEDERAL loans, meaning Stafford, Perkins, and Health Professional that are given in our package and deemed appropriate by PENN.
So for those of you who need to get private loans that interest is NOT paid by PENN.

Also, I asked her when we should get our award letter and she said in Middle of May.

Good luck, I hope this helps.

DesiDentist

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks Desi, I have been really confused about the whole thing too. Especially question 12, but I ended up marking no and sending it in, hopefully its not a big deal. Let me know if you find out anything else.