Penn State "Continue to Review" status?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mmmcat

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received a letter from Penn State today saying:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear applicant,

I write to inform you that the Admissions Committee has completed thorough review of your application and has placed it in the "Continue to Review" category. Your application will be reviewed periodically during the remainder of the process until a decision is made whether you will be invited for an interview at a later date or not.

Because of the large......... (and the letter goes on)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does this letter go out to everyone who's been favorably reviewed? Or is this more of a hold type of thing?

Members don't see this ad.

hate to burst your bubble, but from what i understand (from sdn), it's essentially a rejection. i got it too a while back.

i was afraid of that

Members don't see this ad :)
im still waiting on penn state. when were you complete?

im still waiting on penn state. when were you complete?

I sent in my secondary on Sept 4. I was finally complete on Nov 12!!! I received that letter (above) in the mail yesterday, it was dated for Nov 14. Hope this helps, and good luck.

I got that letter too. IF you read threads from the previous years, you will see that there are people who have been interviewed (in April) and accepted from this list. There are few of them who were interviewed, but still. So there is still hope.

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm in for a long wait since I submitted mid-october! good luck with getting an interview!

anyone get an interview after getting the "continued to review...."

I got it as well, I submitted in late Sept. I think it is essentially a rejection letter for ppl that met their GPA/MCAT cutoff. I applied there last cycle as well, sent in my secondary in early Jan, got the same notice about 3 weeks later, and was eventually rejected.

I was rejected outright post-secondary with no "continue to review" letter so you must at least have a chance at an interview.

I submitted everything in mid-Oct, and I just received an email today telling me that my application is complete. From those of you that have heard back (hold, rejection, interview, etc.), how long is the wait between application complete and preliminary decision?

it was fast. something like a week. my letter was dated about 2 days after my file was complete. good luck!

I submitted everything in mid-Oct, and I just received an email today telling me that my application is complete. From those of you that have heard back (hold, rejection, interview, etc.), how long is the wait between application complete and preliminary decision?
Back around the end of Aug/start of Sept, I think it took me about 2 weeks. It was the first school I heard back from post-secondary.

I think my letter(continue to review) was dated 1-2 days after I submitted my sec. I got in the mail about a week later.