Penn State vs. Cooper

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Cooper:

-Grading: Year 1/2: P/F Year 3/4: H/HP/P/F

-Tuition: $44793

-living: $1200 a month

-Ranking: Some internal ranking (not 100% sure, think its tierd ranks)
(but not on transcript i think and you don't know about it)

-Environment: Urban

-Matched well and broad

-New school (2012 start, 2016 first graduating class)
less affiliated

Penn State:

-Grading: Year 1/2/3: P/F Year 4: H/HP/P/F (IDK how this will affect my match chances bc
less grades on transcript but also less stress)

-Tuition: $55504

-living: $630 a month

-Ranking: No internal ranking

-Environment: Rural (trains to philly and NYC)

-Matched well and broad

-more affiliated

Both are great programs and the only cons for each is that Cooper is less affiliated bc it is such a new program and I know that the longer that a school is around the better but I also like that its close to a city. Penn is in a rural environment and I am deff a city person so IDK how I will like that but I like how it is P/F 3rd year but i'm not sure if thats a good thing or not. (cost of attendance is very similar for both programs so the cost is not a problem for me)

Overall I would love to get some insight from people about both programs!! I have no idea how I am going to choose which place to go

Members don't see this ad.

I know a good amount of people who go to Cooper and really like it! Most of them seem to live in Philly and commute and seems like they are enjoying it. Though I feel like you can't go wrong with either -- I would say go with gut feeling!

Reactions: 1 users