Penn State vs. Michigan State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tgan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please Help me decide. I'm a CAli resident and will have to pay out of state tuition in either school. Any inputs? I would really appreciate some help. Though I think MSU has the stronger program and a happier student body, I am leaning towards Penn State because of it's newer facilities and proximity to NYC, Boston, Bethesda, and DC.

Members don't see this ad.

tgan,

I haven't visited either place, so I really can't comment on their facilities, but as far as reputation goes, Penn State's is much better than MSU's. Their "name" and alumni base may get you more connections when you graduate.

If you've seen the facilities of both schools and think that Penn State's are newer, then that's one more factor in favor of Penn State.

Originally posted by tgan
Please Help me decide. I'm a CAli resident and will have to pay out of state tuition in either school. Any inputs? I would really appreciate some help. Though I think MSU has the stronger program and a happier student body, I am leaning towards Penn State because of it's newer facilities and proximity to NYC, Boston, Bethesda, and DC.

would you rather wear green and white?
or blue and white?

i say go for the blue.

very scientific.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by laviddee
would you rather wear green and white?
or blue and white?

i say go for the blue.

very scientific.
:laugh:

my vote is for Penn State, but I'm bias because i love chocolate.

Yeah, the large number of chocolate factories in the area of hershey, pa and the school's good reputation is a big plus. Did not get a chance to tour the chocolate factories or go on any Omish tours while I was there. I'm leaning even more to Penn State so i'll probably get the chance when I move to Hershey. i really really appreciate the input.

i go to msu undergrad... and i say go to penn state... more well known!

I went to MSU undergrad and grad, I'd say MSU because CHM has a better program than Penn State, and they are very student friendly. @ Kreno CHM is more known than Penn State MEDICAL school!!!CHM is a great schl, i just saw recent board scores, one girl got a 248 on part 1, and a 238 on part 2!! I saw a couple of 210s and 215s :cool:

I don't know...
I've never visited Michigan State, nor have I interviewed at Penn State. BUT...I live 15-20 minutes from Hershey (where Penn State is located), and I've worked there over a summer, and went to church several times there. In fact, you can say that I basically grew up in the area. It really really is not a happening part of the country. The facilities are nice, but not THAT nice. The PI I worked with even said herself, "I don't know what the med students do here!" Regarding distance to other cities, they're not that close. Philly's about 2 hours and NYC is about 3. Is Mich. St. in the boonies too?