Penn state

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ciardeme

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything from Penn state? I recieved a letter that stated i was in the "hold for a possible interview" pile. I think it was just a formality. Does anyone have any info? thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

i was placed in that category last year (never did get the interview invite) as well as this year. last year they sent me a letter each month stating that i was still being considered and that they would let me know as soon as a final decision had been made about an interview. i thought that is was a very nice and professional thing to do. they seemed to have abandoned that approach this year. i'm not holding out hope for an interview, but i wish you the best of luck

I think the end of the interview season is this end of March. I have an interview coming up on March 18th and I tried to make it later, but they said all the spots were filled and they were finishing up in March. I hope you hear good news...

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey dukee (or anyone else), how was the interview?? I'm interviewing on Monday. Interviewfeeback is still down, but from what I've heard they're pretty laid back. What did you think of the place and the students?

i'm not sure when they are done interviewing, but i was in the hold for interview pile in december and got an interview in january and an acceptance in february. i have heard that there is a lot of movement on most of their lists.

Hey guys! :) I interviewed at Penn in December and got an acceptance in early February. One of my interviewers asked a bunch of ethical questions relating to pediatrics. The other was extremely laid back and asked questions pertaining solely to my application. Everyone else who interviewed on the same day as me agreed that most interviewers want to get a good sense of who you are. They aren't out to get you. Relax and good luck with your interview!!

Panda01, the students are Penn are amazing!! Everyone I met there seems genuinely happy about attending there. They were all eager to answer my questions and help out. Needless to say I loved the school and will definitely be attending. Again, good luck to you! Let me know how the interview goes.

hey. I interviewed there this Monday. I loved it. They really are very honest about the school. It is not a "Harvard," but really who cares? Bottom line is that they are going to be doctors and they are going to get a lot of personal attention. Hersey is a very small town, but that did not bother me that much. The students seem to like the place. My first interviewer really liked me, but my second one...really talked to me about religion of all things! He asked me what is the official religion of India? How does Hinduism and the religion of Islam differ? What was your least favorite class? Why do you want to go to Penn state? Do you have any questions? He spent an hour with me, but I was scared it did not go well because how much he asked me about religion and how much I really did not know. I never said I did not know or give this, but I am not that religious person! Anyway, I tried my best. I hope this helps. PM me if you want more info.

Hey dukee, Don't worry about not knowing answers to questions during your interview. The first interviewer I had at Penn State asked me some questions I didn't have a good answer for. I thought I had bombed the interview. Turns out I got accepted. It seems to me that the interviewers at Penn are looking for honesty in their students. Admitting you didn't know something will work in your favor. Did you get accepted anywhere yet? Please feel free to PM me.