Penn State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chemwiz14

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what percentage of those interview out of state accepted, and the ranking for penn state?

Members don't see this ad.

penn state does not provide the data necessary to be ranked, therefore there is no rank for it.

jtank said:
penn state does not provide the data necessary to be ranked, therefore there is no rank for it.

speaking of penn state! has anyone heard back from them?! i mean, i interviewed like 8 weeks ago AND STILL NO WORD! altho i shouldn't complain too much cuz no word also means no rejection. haha

:confused: :rolleyes: :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey I need information about Penn State. I got an interview invite. For the people that interviewed there, what is the ranking, what about faculty, curriculum, please let me know about anything important.
Thanks

superseif said:
Hey I need information about Penn State. I got an interview invite. For the people that interviewed there, what is the ranking, what about faculty, curriculum, please let me know about anything important.
Thanks

are you serious? read the thread before you post.
-mota

superseif said:
Thanks

As far as I know, they are not ranked. The students and people there are REALLY REALLY nice, but the students I met kept reiterating that it's a great place if you are interested in family practice/general pracice...if you just want to be a good doctor but not really change the face of medicine in any way (which is perfectly fine if that's your thing). The school is really focused on family practice/rural medicine...even though, for some reason, they have a research requirement (you can get out of it though w/undergraduate research experience). The faculty seems good...one of my interviewers was really cool and one was so/so. I can't say much about the curriculum because the speech on it was quite boring (one kid fell asleep!) and by that point I knew I didn't want to go there. The school is in the middle of nowhere and probably has ZERO crime. I'll be honest in saying it was my least favorite of the schools I've interviewed at, but...that is based a lot on what I am looking for in a medical school. If you are interested in specializing (or research), want a diverse patient population and an urban environment, or have ambitions to change the world of medicine in some way, then it is definitely not the place for you. If you are interested in family practice, general medicine, and primary care sorts of things, then it seems like a great place to go.

bluenebula83 said:
speaking of penn state! has anyone heard back from them?! i mean, i interviewed like 8 weeks ago AND STILL NO WORD! altho i shouldn't complain too much cuz no word also means no rejection. haha

:confused: :rolleyes: :D

I interviewed on 10-12 and I got accepted via snail mail on 12-2. It took 7 weeks and 2 days for a response. Good luck to you.