Penn State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nas23 said:
Strawberry, did you get a response yet from PSU about any waitlist movement? I'd love to here too just like the rest of you. Its right in my backyard, well almost.

Nope, emailed them on Wednesday, no response yet :(

Members don't see this ad.

Apparition said:
We should invade Hershey.

lol :laugh: INVASION OF THE SDN PSU WAITLISTERS!!!!!

hmmm... hey Nas, is it raining/flooding a lot in Hershey?? Could that be the problem?? :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Any news from admissions today? It looks like we will have to wait until mid next week to possibly hear anything since its a long weekend. :(

next week, next month, it's all the same to them

Nas23 said:
It's rained a lot the past week, but has slowed down the past 2 days or so. I don't think the area got flooded, but there are always flood warnings on TV

Also, with a long weekend coming up (Independence Day on a Tues), I gotta think no admissions office is gonna do work.

that's right, this upcoming week is going to be slow....good thing i get to work on Tuesday :mad:

:love: bump

:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: to us waitlisters for July!! :oops:

oh and for those of you wondering, they still have not emailed me back yet :rolleyes:

This is weird, last year they started accepting around June 15.

good luck you guys, maybe july is the magic month...

and congrats, apparition, on your acceptance to VCU!

oooooooooooo, congrats Apparition! Will you still be waiting w/ us? c'mon...PSU, VCU, PSU, VCU...you know which one is better!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
oh PSU :love: why can't you just love us???? :(

what, no love for the waitlisters?? :confused: we're lovable :oops: aren't we?

Nas23 said:
Lets hope we all hear great news soon :)

Does anyone else's heart stop sometimes? Realizing there are only a few weeks left. I have called some schools asking if they could let me know the pace of the WL movement, or if I stand a chance (which they know). But no results to anything.

I get nervous coming on SDN, wondering everytime if everyone else got a call and I didn't :rolleyes:

Nas23 said:
I totally agree. I hope the acceptances go out to us SDNers. I may be biased for having that reasoning :), but I would be happy to go to school with you guys. It'd be a great ending to this long wait.

I know, I agree, SDNers ROCK! and you guys are great, I wish for all of us that we could get some PSU WL movement, it's frustrating that there hasn't been any at all... but when there is some, I hoping it's you, me, C.P. Jones, Apparition, etf, heimerfink and everyone else on SDN waiting for some love ;)

I got the call!

You guys are talking about that telemarketer with the awesome credit card offer, right? :p

:luck: Idk about this week since it's such a short/weird week, but next week will be it! PSU PSU PSU

C.P. Jones said:
I got the call!

You guys are talking about that telemarketer with the awesome credit card offer, right? :p

:luck: Idk about this week since it's such a short/weird week, but next week will be it! PSU PSU PSU

:laugh: You gave me a heart attack C.P. Jones. I'm still waiting for Penn State but not really sure which I would choose.

Nas23 said:
CP could have posted a picture of a telephone with a nittany lion talking into it, lol.

awwww that would have been cute!!!!! :love:

hey buster... no more false alarms!!!! :smuggrin: you're giving us all palpitations from anxiety! ;)

C.P. Jones said:
I got the call!

wow i thought you were serious...my heart almost sank to the floor!

what gives? :confused: here's the Nittany Lion mascot asking the same question...

now, lemme find which one I'll use when I get the call... lol :laugh:

Attachments

• Nittany_Lion_Mascot_Open_House_rdax_300x226_90.jpg
    Nittany_Lion_Mascot_Open_House_rdax_300x226_90.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 89
strawberryfield said:
what gives? :confused: here's the Nittany Lion mascot asking the same question...

:laugh:

Strawberry, I have to say I love your enthusiasm for Penn State! I am REAAALLY pulling for you! in :luck: :luck: :luck:

sorry everyone. there's so much anxiety about waiting for this call...and waiting for someone to post about it that someone had to take advantage of that :smuggrin:

strawberryfield said:

that's a lion? i didn't know nittany lion was a breed of a bear.

ironmanf14 said:

Strawberry, I have to say I love your enthusiasm for Penn State! I am REAAALLY pulling for you! in :luck: :luck: :luck:

thanks!!!!!!!!!!! LOL :laugh: I wish you were on the adcom!!! ;) I smile everytime I see your avatar!!!!! :D If I get in to PSU, I will have to change mine, although I love my puppy very much! :)

Apparition said:

no, it's lion silly! come on, none of those mascot costumes look realistic now do they, has anyone seen "bubble boy" from Nebraska??? bleh :thumbdown:

Apparition said:

:laugh: Hey now, the Nittany Lion is one of the all time GREAT college mascots....HAIL TO THE LION!

Nas23 said:
I called PSU. They were nice and up front. They said that they has been no movement yet, and they do not expect much. If there is any movement, it will be very minimal. I do not know how many they took off the WL last year, but this year it has been the complete opposite bascially.

The window is slowly closing. I still have hope, but I really feel like I've been punched in the gut several times. I only have one other school which I got a shot of getting off the WL, but they start in a couple of weeks.

sounds like they gave out too many acceptances and now have no use for the waitlist... wow, isn't that just great :( thanks for being brave Nas-- good luck w/ your other waitlists :luck:

Guess I better start packing for Missouri now... damn... I really wanted to be a Nittany Lion too! :oops:

This seems to be a trend this year with the waitlists. It looks like schools overaccepted.

Apparition said:
This seems to be a trend this year with the waitlists. It looks like schools overaccepted.

Well that figures. :rolleyes: But why did they have to do that this year?? OUR year. ok, I'll stop whining now, but this just sucks :thumbdown:

strawberryfield said:
Well that figures. :rolleyes: But why did they have to do that this year?? OUR year. ok, I'll stop whining now, but this just sucks :thumbdown:

Who knows though maybe in mid-July some top schools will start taking people off (not sure if any of them have yet to start moving) and there will be some massive waitlist movement.

etf said:
that overacceptance thing sounds about right - these kinda things always happen to me, sigh...

I know, me too :thumbdown:

:luck: to all

we should convince them to only take ppl from the waitlist who are on SDN, what there's about 10 of us or so, right? that's pretty minimal for WL movement ;)

I guess I feel better that if I'm not getting in, at least no one else is either :rolleyes: lol... that's awful, huh... :laugh:

strawberryfield said:
I guess I feel better that if I'm not getting in, at least no one else is either :rolleyes: lol... that's awful, huh... :laugh:

How did your interviews go at Penn State? It was my first med school interview and I was REALLY nervous. I stumbled a lot in my answers and had a feeling I wouldn't be getting accepted.

Apparition said:
How did your interviews go at Penn State? It was my first med school interview and I was REALLY nervous. I stumbled a lot in my answers and had a feeling I wouldn't be getting accepted.

mine went REALLY well, but I didn't interview until mid-March--aka 2 weeks before they stopped interviewing (stupid August MCAT, that was TOTALLY MY FAULT though, so...), they were very conversational and very laid back, I was not nervous at all, I talked to my interviewers about my family and childhood times I spent in Hershey, there really weren't any awkward moments. I dunno, it just sucks b/c I totally loved it there and really felt like I would be a good fit for the school... I have said all of this in LOIs to them, but it doesn't look like they will matter much if there's not going to be any WL movement at all... on the other hand, I applied to PSU as a "dream school" so I was super-happy to even be interviewed, but still. I'm just depressed about this whole situation and can't seem to get over it and move on... :( (I'm sure you guys can tell-lol :laugh: )

strawberryfield said:
mine went REALLY well, but I didn't interview until mid-March--aka 2 weeks before they stopped interviewing (stupid August MCAT, that was TOTALLY MY FAULT though, so...), they were very conversational and very laid back, I was not nervous at all, I talked to my interviewers about my family and childhood times I spent in Hershey, there really weren't any awkward moments. I dunno, it just sucks b/c I totally loved it there and really felt like I would be a good fit for the school... I have said all of this in LOIs to them, but it doesn't look like they will matter much if there's not going to be any WL movement at all... on the other hand, I applied to PSU as a "dream school" so I was super-happy to even be interviewed, but still. I'm just depressed about this whole situation and can't seem to get over it and move on... :( (I'm sure you guys can tell-lol :laugh: )

My interviewers were kind of relaxed too, which made it worse. Imagine

Interviewer: So what do you do in your free time?
Me: :eek:

Apparition said:
My interviewers were kind of relaxed too, which made it worse. Imagine

Interviewer: So what do you do in your free time?
Me: :eek:

ah, probably better than: "free time?? what's that??? I'm on the pre-med 'eat, sleep, study schedule!' "

I'm sure they understood you were just nervous. They liked you enough to waitlist you... (meaning this as a compliment since I'm waitlisted too mind you ;) )

PSU was mys first interview as well, so I was extremely nervous. At 9 am, at my first interview there, the first question I was asked by my interviewer was: "Do you have any questions? "

Me: "Hmm..."

Her: "Is this your first interview?"

Me, blushing: "Yes"

Of course I was waitlisted :oops: :(

finally:

Thank you for your email. There have not been any applicants taken off of the hold list yet. There is no anticipated date or time frame - before Orientation starts - for doing so. Please let us know what else we can do to help, and thank you for your interest in Penn State College of Medicine.

Sincerely,

The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine

what else can they do to help?? well that should be quite obvious! :laugh: why do they have to be so darn nice. :(

hey, so does "before orientation starts" mean they won't take anyone off after that??... is that how everyone else is reading this?? :confused: if that's the case then our 'D-day' is August 7...one month folks, alright :luck:

i had the craziest jerk interviewer ever. i felt lucky to be WLed. after everyone was saying how all the interviews were stress free, this guy made me feel like I was in an interrogation. maybe i'll get another interview next year and won't get that guy again :mad: , and if i do i may have to just leave....well, maybe not since i already know what he's going to do

C.P. Jones said:
i had the craziest jerk interviewer ever. i felt lucky to be WLed. after everyone was saying how all the interviews were stress free, this guy made me feel like I was in an interrogation. maybe i'll get another interview next year and won't get that guy again :mad: , and if i do i may have to just leave....well, maybe not since i already know what he's going to do

I heard schools don't give you the same interviewer second time around.

strawberryfield said:
finally:

Thank you for your email. There have not been any applicants taken off of the hold list yet. There is no anticipated date or time frame - before Orientation starts - for doing so. Please let us know what else we can do to help, and thank you for your interest in Penn State College of Medicine.

Sincerely,

The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine

what else can they do to help?? well that should be quite obvious! :laugh: why do they have to be so darn nice. :(

hey, so does "before orientation starts" mean they won't take anyone off after that??... is that how everyone else is reading this?? :confused: if that's the case then our 'D-day' is August 7...one month folks, alright :luck:

Only Nestle from now on.

C.P. Jones said:

cheer up C.P.!!! :D

Love bump in honor of the Italian VICTORY!!!!!! :hardy: :clap: :horns: :D

Hey guys,
I was just checking out this thread. It does seem like no schools have been having movement But i just got off a waitlist so there is still hope.
This surprises me about psu because I know I gave up my spot along with other people I have talked to.

as of having a jerky interviewer at psu as i see in the last thread. mine was kind of jerky too.

best of luck.
i just got off a wait list today that had no movement. i called this morning no spots and then i got a phone call at 4:30 saying they had a spot so there is still hope.

Nas23 said:
Thanks so much fleetgoddess. I hope whatever spots open up go out to us on this thread.

yeah baby, it's all about us!!! :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: let the luck begin!!!

Apparition said:
I heard schools don't give you the same interviewer second time around.

and i was kinda hoping i would....oh well, it'll probably be better.

strawberryfield said:
cheer up C.P.!!! :D

Love bump in honor of the Italian VICTORY!!!!!! :hardy: :clap: :horns: :D

anything i do from now on will be in honor of Italy :D

C.P. Jones said:
anything i do from now on will be in honor of Italy :D

OK by me! ;)

Come on everyone, let's brew up some luck for WL movement!!!!! :luck: