Penn State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZekeMD

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who were accepted to Penn State, approximately how long did it take to receive your acceptance letter after your interview. I'm asking because I recently interviewed there and absolutely loved the school. The sooner I hear from them, the more interviews I can cancel if I'm accepted. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by ZekeMD
For those of you who were accepted to Penn State, approximately how long did it take to receive your acceptance letter after your interview. I'm asking because I recently interviewed there and absolutely loved the school. The sooner I hear from them, the more interviews I can cancel if I'm accepted. Thanks.

lemme know if you need anything once you get your acceptance ;). I've lived there my whole life & worked all over the hospital. good luck!

3 weeks to a month...make sure you know what you're getting yourself into though, in terms of the curriculum (especially year 2 and PBL) and the location. I'm not really looking to start a debate over PBL and traditional lecture, but I think we're the only med school that doesn't have a pharm course in year 2 and there are definitely holes in our curriculum in terms of what we need to know for boards, but I guess we're supposed to teach that to ourselves during PBL.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Buck Strong
3 weeks to a month...make sure you know what you're getting yourself into though, in terms of the curriculum (especially year 2 and PBL) and the location. I'm not really looking to start a debate over PBL and traditional lecture, but I think we're the only med school that doesn't have a pharm course in year 2 and there are definitely holes in our curriculum in terms of what we need to know for boards, but I guess we're supposed to teach that to ourselves during PBL.

there's holes in our curriculum and we have a totally traditional format. I think most people are going to be teaching themselves some things for boards. "stuck in hershey for another year and a half" says a lot. hope things work out better for ya.

True, I'd definitely emphasize...know what you're getting yourself into in terms of location, especially if you're coming from a big city. Then again, I know people who are used to small town USA, and think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. To each their own.

I'm from a small town, and felt right at home in Hershey. Thanks for the offer Nutmeg. :D I'm getting so anxious to get that elusive letter.