Penn

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i'm new but i heart penn, too. and i'm posting because i think i know who a bunch of you are (yes, i just read through the entire thread).

welcome!

are you a current applicant? if so, when did you interview?

(please ignore the craziness in the rest of the thread, we're sane folk I promise!)

Members don't see this ad.

haha. i like all of you already. i interviewed in november with let me see if i got this right, pennquaker, seraph and sternum at least. i don't know who else though :)

haha. i like all of you already. i interviewed in november with let me see if i got this right, pennquaker, seraph and sternum at least. i don't know who else though :)

i know who you are!!!

and yep, you're right about november ^_^

i dunno who else on here you might know...

Members don't see this ad :)

I know, I'm coming out of thread retirement on this one, but I'm super curious. Is your screenname not especially creative for you? If so, I think we know each other very well. If not...hmmm....

yea..no creativity on that screen-name haha...its probably who you are thinking of ^_^

I think you should change your screen name to definitelyorange

haha. i think it's super creative. where do i know you from, picklesali- i can't figure out who you are.

i was there too in november! we met at sinai also, if i am correct

haha. i think it's super creative. where do i know you from, picklesali- i can't figure out who you are.

I've met you twice...but we were roomies during a very interesting weekend. Do you know who I am now??

yeah. 3g was how much we spent on bar tabs those 2 nights. haha. clearly i've been harboring feelings for penn even post-amazing weekend at nyu

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah. 3g was how much we spent on bar tabs those 2 nights. haha. clearly i've been harboring feelings for penn even post-amazing weekend at nyu

Oh hahaha - I've told everybody I know about that bar tab!!

So...a current Penn student just posted over in pre-allo that word on the street is decisions will be out by friday, before the 30th...

I don't know if I can open my heart again to hope...I've been hurt too much already...:(

P.S. I'm sitting at home, not doing homework (as usual), watching Sex and the City, eating my favorite easter candy and wearing my Penn Med T-Shirt. What a perfect night!

P.S. I'm sitting at home, not doing homework (as usual), watching Sex and the City, eating my favorite easter candy and wearing my Penn Med T-Shirt. What a perfect night!

What would be more perfect is if you played some video games O_O Thats right, I said it, video games.

I'm beginning to truly hate the words "interview completed."

I'm beginning to truly hate the words "by Friday."

I'm beginning to truly hate the words "by Friday."

In that case...you could always start considering Yale...
missyale.jpg

Can you put washu and yale together? :D

....and because I just don't know when to stop....

(and because I have serious insomnia)

oh lord, and to think I voluntarily roomed with you seraph...:)

I am completely serious when I say I am becoming less and less taken with Penn. If they can't be trusted to make a timely decision when so much hangs in the balance--and when seemingly every other school in the country has deigned to pass judgment on us--then I don't know if I want them judging whether or not I can defend my thesis.

from our pre allo bretheren:

WAITING IS GREAT

Speaking of waiting, Marc did you ever get any word from Einstein??
<--didn't, and a little peeved about it...
(pays for application....$30 + $110, Buys plane tickets....$130, Getting a decision...priceless)

Speaking of waiting, Marc did you ever get any word from Einstein??
<--didn't, and a little peeved about it...
(pays for application....$30 + $110, Buys plane tickets....$130, Getting a decision...priceless)

oh yeah, i called, and they said waitlist. its a little lousy of them to have the "we dont tell you if youve been waitlisted policy". i asked them if the waitlist is ranked, and they said yes. I asked them what my rank was and they said they couldnt tell me. Thanks Einstein. :rolleyes:

Ill be withdrawing soon, I just want to see when a decision will be made.

ok guys, apparently somebody in pre-allo called to check on status, and the lady told her that her file cant be accessed cause the system is down

heres to hoping they are overhauling the system to upload decisions

ok guys, apparently somebody in pre-allo called to check on status, and the lady told her that her file cant be accessed cause the system is down

Holy crap! It says my status is "Interview Completed!"

Oh wait . . .

Yep, that happens every year. Decisions tomorrow or Friday are very likely.

Holy crap! It says my status is "Interview Completed!"

Oh wait . . .

holy crap! it says "your monthly bandwidth has been exceeded, stop checking the site so damn much!"

I'm thinking this thread has scared all the new MD/PhD applicants for this coming year on SDN...

I'm thinking this thread has scared all the new MD/PhD applicants for this coming year on SDN...

I wonder if the newbies will be as cool as us?

Nope, not possible!

<----------- Just got out of taking my pharmacology course! Yay for nice advisors! :D

Sorry I know this has no relevance to Penn, but frankly neither does 90% of this or the pre-allo thread.