Pennsylvania DPT schools 2019-2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ki_wannabe_PT

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all! I made a thread for those who applied/are applying to DPT schools in PA. Personally, I applied to Scranton, Gannon, Saint Francis, and Thomas Jefferson. Has anyone heard anything from these schools yet or any other PA DPT schools? So far I have only heard back from TJ for an interview!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I applied to Drexel, Thomas Jefferson, Widener, and Temple! I’ve heard back from all of them - I interviewed with each one and was accepted to all except TJU where I was waitlisted.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone already interviewed at Thomas Jefferson? I interviewed and am still waiting to hear back. Wondering if anyone knew approximately how long it took

Has anyone already interviewed at Thomas Jefferson? I interviewed and am still waiting to hear back. Wondering if anyone knew approximately how long it took
Hi! I interviewed at Thomas Jefferson on 10/3 and heard back from them exactly two weeks later with an acceptance. I’m not sure if this is true, but from the people I talked to it seemed as though anyone who was waitlisted or rejected was notified in the afternoon and acceptances were sent out in the evening.

What’d you think of TJU when you interviewed?

How was the interview? Mine is early next month.
Hi! I interviewed at Thomas Jefferson on 10/3 and heard back from them exactly two weeks later with an acceptance. I’m not sure if this is true, but from the people I talked to it seemed as though anyone who was waitlisted or rejected was notified in the afternoon and acceptances were sent out in the evening.

What’d you think of TJU when you interviewed?
Awesome thanks! It’s only been about a week since I interviewed. I really liked all of the opportunities there and being in Philly. The one thing I wasn’t sure of was always having class sizes of 60

How was the interview? Mine is early next month.
Interview was super relaxed. They asked all 3 people the same questions and you could answer in whatever order you felt prepared. You also got to sit in on a PT class which was really cool!!

Hey! I applied to Temple, Jefferson, USciences, Scranton, Arcadia, and Drexel. I got waitlisted for an interview at Jefferson, got an interview with Temple, accepted to USciences, and haven't heard from Arcadia, Drexel, or Scranton. Arcadia and Scranton don't do interviews, but I know I'll be hearing from Arcadia in January (such a long wait :( my patience is testing me)

I applied to Jefferson, early admission. I was accepted a week after the interview.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I’ve got one more interview next week but as of now Jefferson is my top choice
Well, good luck with the interview! :)I also have one, possibly two more, but I put down my deposit and Jeff is my first choice right now. I plan on making a Facebook page for those of us who are accepted and attending, so keep me updated!

Hi everyone. I applied to Thomas Jefferson and to the University of Scranton. I was accepted to Thomas Jefferson and plan on calling Scranton tomorrow to check on my application. I have other interviews lined up but do not plan on attending because Thomas Jefferson is my first choice and Scranton is a close second.

Hi there! I go to Scranton for undergrad and have a seat in their DPT program. I believe they want their deposit for the program by mid-January, so you should hear back by Christmas I would think.

Hey everyone. I called Scranton on Friday. They told me that they would begin reviewing applications. So hopefully, those who've applied, hear back soon.

Hi there! I go to Scranton for undergrad and have a seat in their DPT program. I believe they want their deposit for the program by mid-January, so you should hear back by Christmas I would think.
Thanks for the update!

Has anyone heard back from Scranton or Gannon?
I haven’t heard from Scranton, all I got was an email which I guessed was their way of saying they received my application. I think their deadline is tomorrow, so maybe within the next few weeks we’ll start hearing back

Scranton just sent out their formal acceptance emails to Scranton undergrads with guaranteed seats. Once they get an idea of how many of those students are keeping their seats (I'm not), they will start sending out acceptances to external applicants.

Has anyone heard from Widener regarding interviews?
I interviewed in September and they said they were doing interviews at least once a month, going into February!

Has anyone heard from Saint Francis, Gannon-Erie and Scranton as far as decisions?

Has anyone heard back from Gannon or Slippery Rock? I got an email from Gannon inviting me to their informational session but that was it so far...

Has anyone been to a Pitt open house? Or visited the school/gotten more insight on the program? Looking for more info about the school/area to help me make a decision! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Finally received news from Scranton. I was waitlisted and had to fill out a form in order to remain in their pool of applicants.

I haven’t heard anything yet :(
No worries! I am sure that you will hear back from them. They said that it is an ongoing process and people who are accepted could be notified as late as May 20th. So there is still hope.

No worries! I am sure that you will hear back from them. They said that it is an ongoing process and people who are accepted could be notified as late as May 20th. So there is still hope.
I’m not super worried, it’s just the waiting is driving me crazy at this point. I have other schools that I would attend over Scranton that I know I’ll be hearing from by this point next month, so I’m hoping for good news there

I’m not super worried, it’s just the waiting is driving me crazy at this point. I have other schools that I would attend over Scranton that I know I’ll be hearing from by this point next month, so I’m hoping for good news there
Understandable. The wait was super frustrating, especially since some schools want their deposit in by the 15th of January.

Understandable. The wait was super frustrating, especially since some schools want their deposit in by the 15th of January.
Exactly. I have an acceptance at another school, but don’t really see myself going there. They want a deposit by the 17th, so I’m really hoping to have another acceptance by then so I can decline the other school without just saying that I wasn’t a fan of their program after the interview day

Exactly. I have an acceptance at another school, but don’t really see myself going there. They want a deposit by the 17th, so I’m really hoping to have another acceptance by then so I can decline the other school without just saying that I wasn’t a fan of their program after the interview day
I got accepted into another program as well and I submitted my deposit - just in case. I wanted a spot held and I also think if a program offers scholarships, the quicker you commit the better chances you'll have to receive one. But honestly, it is a lot of money to put down for a school that you wouldn't attend if you were accepted into another program. Hopefully you hear back from other schools prior to the 17th. I am sure you will!

Has anyone heard from Arcadia University regarding admissions decisions?

Has anyone heard from Arcadia University regarding admissions decisions?
All I got was an email saying my application moved to the next stage of consideration, and would have a decision hopefully by mid January. I know they release in stages, and the first stage isn’t supposed to be until mid January

Has anyone heard anything from Gannon-Erie recently?

Has anyone heard anything from Gannon-Erie recently?
I went on a visit there in the beginning of January and they said we should hear from them by Feb. 14th. Thats all I've heard

I received an acceptance to the University of Scranton

I received an acceptance to the University of Scranton

Are you an external candidate for Scranton or did you apply for the undergrad guaranteed seat? May I know when you submitted your application? Thanks!

Are you an external candidate for Scranton or did you apply for the undergrad guaranteed seat? May I know when you submitted your application? Thanks!
External candidate and I submitted my application in July.

Has anyone received any admissions decisions from Gannon-Erie, saint Francis or Scranton? I haven’t heard anything from any of these schools since applying (except an invite to gannons open house last month).