Pennsylvania DPT schools 2019-2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone received any admissions decisions from Gannon-Erie, saint Francis or Scranton? I haven’t heard anything from any of these schools since applying (except an invite to gannons open house last month).
Still nothing from Scranton for me. I reached out to the department chair 2 weeks ago and haven’t heard anything

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone received any admissions decisions from Gannon-Erie, saint Francis or Scranton? I haven’t heard anything from any of these schools since applying (except an invite to gannons open house last month).
I applied to Gannon-Erie and went on a visit. They said we probably won't be hearing anything until about mid-February

I got accepted into Arcadia yesterday (I didn't even realize it because the email was so unclear), but the deposit is due tomorrow :nailbiting:

Members don't see this ad :)
"We'd like to inform you that we still have seats remaining. If you are still interested in being considered for the remaining seats or to hold a place on our waitlist, please submit a $500 deposit to the Office of Enrollment Management by January 30, 2020 at 11:59pm EST. You may submit your deposit online. If you are placed on the waitlist, you will be informed of your options. The initial deposit of $500 will be refunded if you choose not to remain on the waitlist." --- I spoke to admissions who let me know that I was accepted in the second wave and this was their way of letting me know.

"We'd like to inform you that we still have seats remaining. If you are still interested in being considered for the remaining seats or to hold a place on our waitlist, please submit a $500 deposit to the Office of Enrollment Management by January 30, 2020 at 11:59pm EST. You may submit your deposit online. If you are placed on the waitlist, you will be informed of your options. The initial deposit of $500 will be refunded if you choose not to remain on the waitlist." --- I spoke to admissions who let me know that I was accepted in the second wave and this was their way of letting me know.

Did you have to call to figure out that you were accepted? I received virtually that same email but assumed it just meant that I was placed on the waitlist.

Hm. I got that email 2 weeks ago but interpreted it as still being considered for either acceptance or waitlist.

Did you have to call to figure out that you were accepted? I received virtually that same email but assumed it just meant that I was placed on the waitlist.

I called this morning! And yeah that’s what I thought too

Hm. I got that email 2 weeks ago but interpreted it as still being considered for either acceptance or waitlist.

That’s what I thought too! But I called this morning to get clarification. Did you end up putting yourself on the wait list?

That’s what I thought too! But I called this morning to get clarification. Did you end up putting yourself on the wait list?

I paid my $500 deposit to secure my waitlist spot and even sent an email to someone to verify I was on the waitlist after paying. This was the same day of the email, about 2 weeks ago. I haven't contacted anyone from there since then because I assumed I'd be notified if anything else updates. But if you got verification of acceptance then maybe I'll reach out as well. They actually gave me a small scholarship in addition to me being waitlisted that would take effect if I am accepted, which I thought was bizarre.

I paid my $500 deposit to secure my waitlist spot and even sent an email to someone to verify I was on the waitlist after paying. This was the same day of the email, about 2 weeks ago. I haven't contacted anyone from there since then because I assumed I'd be notified if anything else updates. But if you got verification of acceptance then maybe I'll reach out as well. They actually gave me a small scholarship in addition to me being waitlisted that would take effect if I am accepted, which I thought was bizarre.
I did too, this whole thing is super confusing to me.

I did too, this whole thing is super confusing to me.

yeah seriously! I've been at work all day so I haven't tried calling or anything, but I'm considering it tomorrow now.

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah seriously! I've been at work all day so I haven't tried calling or anything, but I'm considering it tomorrow now.
I was told they’ll have more information on 2/5 and the coming weeks. I just don’t get why they’re telling me scholarship info to be on the waitlist

I was told they’ll have more information on 2/5 and the coming weeks. I just don’t get why they’re telling me scholarship info to be on the waitlist

yeah same I have never heard of being waitlisted while simultaneously being offered a scholarship if accepted. I guess I'll just wait til 2/5 like you said and maybe call in at some point in the near future to double check everything. Thanks you the responses by the way!

yeah same I have never heard of being waitlisted while simultaneously being offered a scholarship if accepted. I guess I'll just wait til 2/5 like you said and maybe call in at some point in the near future to double check everything. Thanks you the responses by the way!
Me either, feel free to private message me if you hear anything else! We’ll have to get through this together lol

Yes I put the deposit down. What about you?

I did not, just because I already got into my first choice, and I didn’t want to pay to be on a waitlist. I’m reconsidering and panicking now since I’d have to make a deposit by midnight tonight.

When I called today they told me that basically they accepted more students than they had seats for, so the first ones that put their deposits down would get seats, but the rest would be wait listed. I’m not exactly sure how that works since they gave you scholarship info.

I did not, just because I already got into my first choice, and I didn’t want to pay to be on a waitlist. I’m reconsidering and panicking now since I’d have to make a deposit by midnight tonight.
I’d just deposit at your first choice then. Unless there’s something that you really like about Arcadia?

When I called today they told me that basically they accepted more students than they had seats for, so the first ones that put their deposits down would get seats, but the rest would be wait listed. I’m not exactly sure how that works since they gave you scholarship info.

not sure either. I got the email back on 1/17 around 9am and paid the waitlist deposit of $500 immediately. I guess we'll find out more after this deadline passes, which is 2/5

I'm giving up my seat at Arcadia, hopefully that helps one of you guys out!

Just got accepted to Gannon-Erie (via mail)!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi All!

I recently was offered a seat at Gannon-Erie!!
Has anyone here accepted a seat to this program?

Reactions: 1 user