PennVet c/o 2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mkg323

PennVet c/o 2025 ★ mkgeesus
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I figured it's time to have a thread for PennVet! Feel free to ask any questions, there are multiple current PennVet students on the forum, and congrats on applying!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
I've been waiting for someone to start this thread so I can say hi to all the (hopefully) future V27s 😆! I'm a current V25 also and will be one of the Orientation Directors for your class (V27) so you all WILL meet me in person if you end up at PennVet!

Like MK said - there are a bunch of us lurking on here so feel free to ask us questions or just say hi! I can't wait to meet many of you! Best of luck this application cycle!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Super nervous waiting to hear!!! Do you have any opinions on the structure of the new curriculum? I worked in a lab at PennVet so I have been itching to hear about it :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Super nervous waiting to hear!!! Do you have any opinions on the structure of the new curriculum? I work in a lab at PennVet so I have been itching to hear about it (penn would be my in state)
Hi, I am V25 so I am in the old curriculum, but I have heard great things from all of the current first years I have talked to!

Reactions: 1 user
Super nervous waiting to hear!!! Do you have any opinions on the structure of the new curriculum? I work in a lab at PennVet so I have been itching to hear about it (penn would be my in state)
I remember waiting to hear back, this is a super nerve wracking time, but honestly once you start getting interview invites and acceptances you'll be so excited and you'll look back on it and be like "that was kind of fun (but I never want to do that again)".

I'm also in the old curriculum but I have also heard great things about the new curriculum. They appear to be doing a lot of skills and hands on learning early on, which is something the old curriculum was lacking! They also are integrating subjects like anatomy, histology, physiology, etc. into one class so you're only learning pertinent things (not superfluous biochemistry facts) and are trying to make everything clinically relevant! This integration cuts back on the sheer number of exams as everything is rolled into one class (but not the amount of info given, I'm afraid).

I'm hoping a current V26 will hop on here and give their insight into the new curriculum as they definitely will be the best people to talk to about it!

Reactions: 3 users
second time IS applicant !! So excited for this cycle!

First time OOS! Took calc just to apply to Penn :lol:

I am a current first year in the new curriculum. We have been able to get a lot of hands on experience since we started class in various areas of vet med. The bock system we are now made classes integrated so we only have one main “class” but we cover anatomy, physiolog, ect for the system that block focuses on. We also have 2 other course one that focuses on clinical skills and another that focuses on how to perform and evaluate good science. Tests are on Fridays at the end of blocks with a few exception. This means we only have tests every couple weeks, not every week. The other big change is clinical rotations start the fall of third year.

I personally really like the new curriculum. The block system of focusing on one system makes the information easier to understand from the angle that everything we are learning at a given time is building on itself and the material is not all over the place and disconnected. The predictability of when tests are and not having a test every week is huge.

If you have other questions let me know!

Reactions: 2 users
First time OOS. Very excited!!

Hey everyone! I was originally supposed to be c/o 2026 but I deferred a year, so I’m so excited to for you all to be my future classmates! I’m wishing you all the best, and I’ll just be in this thread just… idk vibing ig 🧍

Reactions: 7 users
Hi all! I'm a current V23. I guess I'm a fossil since I know nothing about the new curriculum, but just wanted to pop in and say best of luck and happy to answer any questions that I can!

Members don't see this ad :)
first time OOS (international), getting nervous as the day approaches

I’m a first time ISS. Did anyone apply last year and if so when did you hear back?

I’m a first time ISS. Did anyone apply last year and if so when did you hear back?
I applied last year and I honestly can't remember when exactly I heard back that I had been rejected but I do remember that UPenn was one of my last 2 remaining schools. I think they start sending out interview invites in December or January though, again though, I can't completely remember.

Current student here! Last year the first invitations went out around December 15th for an interview in January. I don't think they changed anything for this year but historically (including last year) Penn sends out Interview invitations in waves for each interview date until they fill the class. This means they do not have a set number of interviews or a specific timeline for when they will be done with interviews. So keep this in mind if you notice other people getting interview invitations so you don't get discouraged! There are several waves of interviews and people are accepted from every interview group. Once you interview the will let you know (usually within a week) if you are accepted, rejected, or "hold." Hold students can be accepted or rejected at any point. If you are still on hold at the time they are done with interviews they will notify you if you have moved on to being an alternate (aka waitlist) or rejected. Last year this happened at the end of February. Once I was on the alternate list I was able to ask for my rank towards the end of march. After that you are allowed to check in with them on a monthly basis to see if there was any movement on the waitlist. I was accepted off of the IS waitlist at the end of June but they can pull you off of the list at any time up to when classes start.

I know this is more than you asked for but I wanted to give a summary of the whole process for anyone who is getting anxious! Good luck everyone!!

Reactions: 14 users
First time OOS, 3rd time overall . Good luck to everyone!

Hi there! First time, OOS, non-traditional applicant. Super nervous but super excited!

Does anyone happen to know roughly how many people are invited to interview? Getting anxious, but super excited!!

is anyone else freaking out thinking that we might hear smthn tmrw

giphy.gif

Reactions: 2 users
Knowing someone has had some form of update will prompt me to have a heart attack with every incoming email.

I got an interview OOS!!!

Reactions: 6 users
Was it sent via email? I haven't gotten an interview or a rejection...my inbox is empty

Reactions: 4 users
Was it sent via email? I haven't gotten an interview or a rejection...my inbox is empty
They send invites out in waves through February. I think only a very few get notice today

Sigh of relief that I didn't get a rejection yet, but I also did not get an invite to interview either. I guess no news in good news. 😬

I got an interview invite today (IS)!

Last edited:
When did you guys get the interview invite emai?l

I got it at 10:29 AM! It’s on Friday Jan 13 online

No news is absolutely good news, I got an interview invite on the last round of invites and was accepted! Keep the faith!

• Care
Does anyone know if the same number of applicants are invited in each wave? Was this first wave very small and the main wave(s) are later?