-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
PennVet c/o 2027
Started by mkg323
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Has anyone heard anything today? Or just scheduled interviews from last wave
ch3yruh
Tuskegee c/o 2027 🐾
NothingHas anyone heard anything today? Or just scheduled interviews from last wave
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hopingforDVM
New Member
Are interview invites sent out every Friday, or not necessarily? Getting nervous, they confirmed they got my application in September and I haven't received any updates since
someday-dr
Full Member
I received an OOS interview invite on 1/12!
if you dont mind me asking, for those that interviewed, could you tell how many people were interviewing that day?
DogMom1313
Full Member
What day is your interview scheduled?I received an OOS interview invite on 1/12!
someday-dr
Full Member
Friday January 27th.What day is your interview scheduled?
devhallihan
Full Member
so there were about 10 of us in my zoom meeting but they said they’d give out about 300 interviews from over 1600 applicantsif you dont mind me asking, for those that interviewed, could you tell how many people were interviewing that day?
DogMom1313
Full Member
So they’ve already sent out over 300 invites and are set to send more through the end of February? Wow.so there were about 10 of us in my zoom meeting but they said they’d give out about 300 interviews from over 1600 applicantsso sent out over 300 interviews and are set to invite all the way
So they’ve already sent out over 300 invites and are set to send more through the end of February? Wow.
They send them out in waves so not all 300 invites have gone out yet I think
DogMom1313
Full Member
Oh yes, my bad, I read the previous message incorrectly. They will be giving out about 300. Thank you!They send them out in waves so not all 300 invites have gone out yet I think
Do you guys think we might hear today?
dogsandchocolate
Full Member
i hope so i’m getting anxiousDo you guys think we might hear today?
devhallihan
Full Member
we prob won’t hear today since it’s a holiday
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
we prob won’t hear today since it’s a holiday
Yeah that’s what I was thinking :/
Destiny Dalesandro
Full Member
What is taking so long !!!!!
Dr.SnowWhite
Full Member
For those that have an interview this friday, did they tell you an exact time yet?
gmaf
Full Member
I had my interview last Friday and they send you the time two days beforeFor those that have an interview this friday, did they tell you an exact time yet?
devhallihan
Full Member
sorry🙁 did you get an email?I had my interview this past Friday 01/13 and I just got my OOS rejection. Good luck everyone else!!!
gmaf
Full Member
Yeah I got an email at 8:59 AM. If it means anything, my last name starts with an A and I’m east coastsorry🙁 did you get an email?
dogsandchocolate
Full Member
i’m getting worried why aren’t they sending interviews out??
D
deleted1125995
Congrats!IS acceptance [emoji3526] so excited!!
eleanor713
Full Member
I think they do every Thursdayi’m getting worried why aren’t they sending interviews out??
devhallihan
Full Member
just to see if it correlates, what does your last name start with?IS acceptance [emoji3526] so excited!!
Congrats to anyone who received an acceptance today! 🥳 If you interviewed on Friday and haven't heard anything yet - do not lose hope. My interviewer didn't call me until after 5pm on the Wednesday after my interview (I was STRESSED).
For anyone who hasn't heard anything yet - no news is good news. Penn has NOT sent out 300 interview invites yet. They will continue to send out invites throughout the rest of this month and into next month. It's very possible they sent out interview invites one week and the people that received them aren't on here. Try to stay positive and hopefully you'll hear good news soon!
For anyone who hasn't heard anything yet - no news is good news. Penn has NOT sent out 300 interview invites yet. They will continue to send out invites throughout the rest of this month and into next month. It's very possible they sent out interview invites one week and the people that received them aren't on here. Try to stay positive and hopefully you'll hear good news soon!
Last edited:
prevet2023
New Member
Sorry to hear that:/ What did you think of your interview?I had my interview this past Friday 01/13 and I just got my OOS rejection. Good luck everyone else!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
gmaf
Full Member
I thought I did well! I answered as best as I could and I had zero regrets at the end of it. But the entire time from start to finish, I felt like one of the interviewers was not a fan so that’s that.Sorry to hear that:/ What did you think of your interview?
This really was my #1 top choice but at least I have an acceptance elsewhere so I can’t dwell on the negatives for too long!
Thank you for being real and honest! its so helpful to hear from everyone (good and not so good) and appreciate the process we go through.... i know its not easy, but you will do so amazing wherever you go!I thought I did well! I answered as best as I could and I had zero regrets at the end of it. But the entire time from start to finish, I felt like one of the interviewers was not a fan so that’s that.
This really was my #1 top choice but at least I have an acceptance elsewhere so I can’t dwell on the negatives for too long!
gmaf
Full Member
Thank you!! Good luck to you and everyone else!!Thank you for being real and honest! its so helpful to hear from everyone (good and not so good) and appreciate the process we go through.... i know its not easy, but you will do so amazing wherever you go!
PSA: for those of you who are “meh” regarding the file review.. last cycle I was immediately rejected, I did the file review and spoke to the director of admissions, and I got an interview this time around.
Please do your file reviews!! It’s worth it!
futurevetjess
Full Member
I’m in state and I’ve got my interview Friday the 27th and I’m STRESSIN’ lol. Any words of advice? I’m excited to see everyone else in zoom!
Last edited:
Did you read that somewhere on their website? I'd love to confirm of this is true. I still haven't heard anything at all since September's email 😭I think they do every Thursday
eleanor713
Full Member
Nope nothing official. They just said on the website they send interviews out in waves through January and February so don’t worry if you don’t hear yet. It seems like based on this thread those who receive them are getting them on ThursdaysDid you read that somewhere on their website? I'd love to confirm of this is true. I still haven't heard anything at all since September's email 😭
I’m in the same boat as you are! See you next Friday 🙂 best of luck!! Super nervous tooI’m in state and I’ve got my interview Friday the 27th and I’m STRESSIN’ lol. Any words of advice? I’m excited to see everyone else in zoom!
devhallihan
Full Member
oos acceptance!!! so thrilled, this has been my dream since i could talk! i didn’t get a call just an email
Typically it is at the end of every week. It's historically a Thursday but I don't think that's a hard and fast rule that it HAS to be a Thursday (although I can't find evidence that they have been sent out any other day). It definitely depends on what is going on at the school that week.Did you read that somewhere on their website? I'd love to confirm of this is true. I still haven't heard anything at all since September's email 😭
I wouldn't lose hope yet. No news is good news! I remember feeling the same way last year, absolute radio silence for months. I didn't get my interview invite until the end of January and many of my V25 classmates didn't get theirs until February. When you are offered an interview is not indicative of how "qualified" you are as an applicant or how well you will do in vet school!
benzene_gurl14
Full Member
were there any gpa cutoffs in rejection emails this year?
I’m wondering the same thing because I haven’t heard backwere there any gpa cutoffs in rejection emails this year?
No, no news is good (or at least not bad) news. I didn't get my interview invite until the end of January and many of my V25 classmates didn't get theirs until February. When you are offered an interview is not indicative of how "qualified" you are as an applicant or how well you will do in vet school.Is it a bad sign if I haven’t been offered an interview invite?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hopingforDVM
New Member
Has anyone with a last name towards the end of the alphabet gotten an interview yet? Trying to see if there is any pattern to the interview waves
dogsandchocolate
Full Member
those that got an interview what time did the email come around?
Kim_Woodpecker
Full Member
I am a W last name and am wondering the same thing. I haven't heard anything yet ☹️Has anyone with a last name towards the end of the alphabet gotten an interview yet? Trying to see if there is any pattern to the interview waves
I have a C last name and haven’t heard yet, has anyone heard anything today?I am a W last name and am wondering the same thing. I haven't heard anything yet ☹️
dogsandchocolate
Full Member
i havnt heard anything today, i know everyone is saying it’s not a bad thing but the waiting is killing meI have a C last name and haven’t heard yet, has anyone heard anything today?