PennVet c/o 2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
are the interviews in person or online ?
They’re online! It’s two people and they ask like 5 questions. It lasts around 30 mins

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone heard anything today? Or just scheduled interviews from last wave

Members don't see this ad :)
Are interview invites sent out every Friday, or not necessarily? Getting nervous, they confirmed they got my application in September and I haven't received any updates since

if you dont mind me asking, for those that interviewed, could you tell how many people were interviewing that day?

if you dont mind me asking, for those that interviewed, could you tell how many people were interviewing that day?
so there were about 10 of us in my zoom meeting but they said they’d give out about 300 interviews from over 1600 applicants

Reactions: 1 user
so there were about 10 of us in my zoom meeting but they said they’d give out about 300 interviews from over 1600 applicantsso sent out over 300 interviews and are set to invite all the way
So they’ve already sent out over 300 invites and are set to send more through the end of February? Wow.

They send them out in waves so not all 300 invites have gone out yet I think
Oh yes, my bad, I read the previous message incorrectly. They will be giving out about 300. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
For those that have an interview this friday, did they tell you an exact time yet?

I had my interview this past Friday 01/13 and I just got my OOS rejection. Good luck everyone else!!!

• Care
Congrats to anyone who received an acceptance today! 🥳 If you interviewed on Friday and haven't heard anything yet - do not lose hope. My interviewer didn't call me until after 5pm on the Wednesday after my interview (I was STRESSED).

For anyone who hasn't heard anything yet - no news is good news. Penn has NOT sent out 300 interview invites yet. They will continue to send out invites throughout the rest of this month and into next month. It's very possible they sent out interview invites one week and the people that received them aren't on here. Try to stay positive and hopefully you'll hear good news soon!

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users
M! But my interviewer gave me a call! He said he didn’t want to keep me hanging forever

Sorry to hear that:/ What did you think of your interview?
I thought I did well! I answered as best as I could and I had zero regrets at the end of it. But the entire time from start to finish, I felt like one of the interviewers was not a fan so that’s that.
This really was my #1 top choice but at least I have an acceptance elsewhere so I can’t dwell on the negatives for too long!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
I thought I did well! I answered as best as I could and I had zero regrets at the end of it. But the entire time from start to finish, I felt like one of the interviewers was not a fan so that’s that.
This really was my #1 top choice but at least I have an acceptance elsewhere so I can’t dwell on the negatives for too long!
Thank you for being real and honest! its so helpful to hear from everyone (good and not so good) and appreciate the process we go through.... i know its not easy, but you will do so amazing wherever you go!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Thank you for being real and honest! its so helpful to hear from everyone (good and not so good) and appreciate the process we go through.... i know its not easy, but you will do so amazing wherever you go!
Thank you!! Good luck to you and everyone else!!

PSA: for those of you who are “meh” regarding the file review.. last cycle I was immediately rejected, I did the file review and spoke to the director of admissions, and I got an interview this time around.

Please do your file reviews!! It’s worth it!

I’m in state and I’ve got my interview Friday the 27th and I’m STRESSIN’ lol. Any words of advice? I’m excited to see everyone else in zoom!

Last edited:
Did you read that somewhere on their website? I'd love to confirm of this is true. I still haven't heard anything at all since September's email 😭
Nope nothing official. They just said on the website they send interviews out in waves through January and February so don’t worry if you don’t hear yet. It seems like based on this thread those who receive them are getting them on Thursdays

I’m in state and I’ve got my interview Friday the 27th and I’m STRESSIN’ lol. Any words of advice? I’m excited to see everyone else in zoom!
I’m in the same boat as you are! See you next Friday :) best of luck!! Super nervous too

oos acceptance!!! so thrilled, this has been my dream since i could talk! i didn’t get a call just an email

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Did you read that somewhere on their website? I'd love to confirm of this is true. I still haven't heard anything at all since September's email 😭
Typically it is at the end of every week. It's historically a Thursday but I don't think that's a hard and fast rule that it HAS to be a Thursday (although I can't find evidence that they have been sent out any other day). It definitely depends on what is going on at the school that week.

I wouldn't lose hope yet. No news is good news! I remember feeling the same way last year, absolute radio silence for months. I didn't get my interview invite until the end of January and many of my V25 classmates didn't get theirs until February. When you are offered an interview is not indicative of how "qualified" you are as an applicant or how well you will do in vet school!

Reactions: 3 users
from their website, it’s a range of 2.9-3.9 gpa so there shouldn’t be a cutoff

Is it a bad sign if I haven’t been offered an interview invite?

Is it a bad sign if I haven’t been offered an interview invite?
No, no news is good (or at least not bad) news. I didn't get my interview invite until the end of January and many of my V25 classmates didn't get theirs until February. When you are offered an interview is not indicative of how "qualified" you are as an applicant or how well you will do in vet school.

For those who have received an interview invite, would you mind sharing your gpa?

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone with a last name towards the end of the alphabet gotten an interview yet? Trying to see if there is any pattern to the interview waves

Has anyone with a last name towards the end of the alphabet gotten an interview yet? Trying to see if there is any pattern to the interview waves
I am a W last name and am wondering the same thing. I haven't heard anything yet ☹️