People have given up on the quarantine.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Bro, now you're sounding like a conspirator. It could be a personal reason why the family didn't state the reason. I believe the father had heart issues from before I don't remember.

That's not the point, the question is what incentive would the family have in pursuing a cause of death other than Covid?

If I was driving a car and I got in a car accident and died for example, that's not Covid. I wouldn't want my death certificate to say that.

Not everything has to be about Covid
So, now you claim doctors are deliberatly falsifying government records, which I assume is a violation of hospital policy and also I'm sure against the rules of the states they practice in. Why would that be? A giant conspiracy accross the medical field to inflate the numbers. It must be. May Fox News will do a deep dive investigative report. The AMA is falsely increasing the number of cases to make Trump look bad and scare the people into using mail in ballots and this will allow massive fraud and deny Trump a second term. Yeah, that must be it.... Hannity will be right on this

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
So we went to one our favorite places outdoors yesterday evening and the place was looking like it did last year. I don't need to look at Facebook, I can see it for myself.

It's clear to me the population with no risk is done with this lockdown.

It's also clear that those at higher risk need to continue being the ones that have to be cautious.

Reactions: 1 users
So we went to one our favorite places outdoors yesterday evening and the place was looking like it did last year. I don't need to look at Facebook, I can see it for myself.

It's clear to me the population with no risk is done with this lockdown.

It's also clear that those at higher risk need to continue being the ones that have to be cautious.

Yeah. I'm expecting a surge here soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
So, now you claim doctors are deliberatly falsifying government records, which I assume is a violation of hospital policy and also I'm sure against the rules of the states they practice in. Why would that be? A giant conspiracy accross the medical field to inflate the numbers. It must be. May Fox News will do a deep dive investigative report. The AMA is falsely increasing the number of cases to make Trump look bad and scare the people into using mail in ballots and this will allow massive fraud and deny Trump a second term. Yeah, that must be it.... Hannity will be right on this

I could care less if POTUS is re-elected or not. Who ever steps into office is determined by forces unbeknownst to us. That being said, if this virus rears its ugly head again, Trump most likely will not be in office again, that will be the narrative used against him.

Hospitals have the financial incentive to diagnose and list deaths as COVID. The CDC has amended clinical diagnosis guidelines to make it easier to do this within legal grounds. "Senator Jensen clarified in the video that he doesn't think physicians are "gaming the system" so much as other "players," such as hospital administrators, who he said may pressure physicians to cite all diagnoses, including "probable" COVID-19, on discharge papers or death certificates to get the higher Medicare allocation allowed under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act. Past practice, Jensen said, did not include probabilities." Fact check: Hospitals get paid more if patients listed as COVID-19, on ventilators

This same Senator went on to say that he thinks the COVID counts are actually LOWER than what is reported and most likely hospitals won't game the system. Stay at home pundits like you would say this extra money delegated to hospitals for COVID patients is to help them financially since no elective surgeries and what not have squeezed their coffers.

No amount of evidence will steer you away from this highly coordinated deception. Data can be construed and conjured to fit any one side. Those in power have deliberately divided this country not only in political sides but between "essential and non-essential," race, and those who want to stay in or go out.

Yeah. I'm expecting a surge here soon.

Yea, don't worry, there will be a huge "surge" either in a couple of weeks or when fall comes around. Then people who advocated to staying locked down will feel vindicated and the nation will most likely go down again.

Fauci, CDC, and friends will wag their fingers and say "see this country reopened too soon." People will start getting sick from the normal flu but everything is blamed on Covid. Then we will have to wait for our messiah Gates to come up with a vaccine so we can return to normal.

Good lord most hospital physicians are paid salary, why would they falsify patients’ diagnoses

We don’t need to see what happens next to say that Trump has massively failed. No other country is doing as bad as us. I don’t think Trump is to take all of the blame, I also don’t think that Biden will magically make things better. After all there’s millions of selfish trumpkins who won’t wear a mask regardless of who’s the president.

Good lord most hospital physicians are paid salary, why would they falsify patients’ diagnoses
The money doesn't go to the physicians, the hospitals are reaping the benefits, you didn't read the article carefully.

Joke.jpg

Exactly, the doctors are being pressured by hospital administrators to do this.

Why would doctors change the diagnostic code when there is no financial incentive for them to do it? Why should they commit fraud and risk losing their medical license?

Members don't see this ad :)
Why would doctors change the diagnostic code when there is no financial incentive for them to do it? Why should they commit fraud and risk losing their medical license?
You people are not reading the article correctly. The doctors are not gaining financially from this, the HOSPITAL is. Hospital administrators are pressuring the doctors to do this so that they can receive the federal money for Covid diagnosis. CDC relaxed traditional criteria for diagnosing COVID so that hospitals don't run into legal issues with this.

You people are not reading the article correctly. The doctors are not gaining financially from this, the HOSPITAL is. Hospital administrators are pressuring the doctors to do this so that they can receive the federal money for Covid diagnosis. CDC relaxed traditional criteria for diagnosing COVID so that hospitals don't run into legal issues with this.

Again, what incentive is there for doctors to commit fraud? Doctors are putting their license at risk because of some crazy hospital administer? I don’t follow your logic.

Hospitals have lost hundreds of millions of dollars because of COVID because of low volume and loss of elective surgeries. Administrators are having to take furloughs and pay decreases.

In what world would they want another COVID surge?

Because reporting you have COVID patients is sure to bring patients in and allow surgeries to start back sooner right?

Again, what incentive is there for doctors to commit fraud?
Their job, many doctors are afraid of losing their job if they go against the administration. Anyway, they are not comitting fraud if the guidelines are so relaxed. Example, a patient comes in with a cough and then dies from a heart attack and tested positive for Covid. MD can confidently say he died from the virus.

Their job, many doctors are afraid of losing their job if they go against the administration. Anyway, they are not comitting fraud if the guidelines are so relaxed. Example, a patient comes in with a cough and then dies from a heart attack and tested positive for Covid. MD can confidently say he died from the virus.

License, career > job. Have some common sense.

Why would doctors be so intimidated? They can easily report it.

If you don’t trust our own data, you can look other countries’ data. Do you really think doctors around the world are secretly working together?

Hospitals have lost hundreds of millions of dollars because of COVID because of low volume and loss of elective surgeries. Administrators are having to take furloughs and pay decreases.

In what world would they want another COVID surge?

Because reporting you have COVID patients is sure to bring patients in and allow surgeries to start back sooner right?
It is because they have lost much of their revenue that they would have a financial incentive to do this.

People will start having elective surgeries once the states are reopened for that. The sick will have no choice but to come to the hospitals eventually.

The problem with your way of thinking is...you have already made up your mind. Now you are just looking for selective “evidence” to back it up. It is confirmation bias.

It is like I am against seat belt so I am going to look for evidence that seat belts are unsafe and have caused people to die. Of course I am going to find something but that doesn’t mean seat belts don’t save lives.

It is because they have lost much of their revenue that they would have a financial incentive to do this.

People will start having elective surgeries once the states are reopened for that. The sick will have no choice but to come to the hospitals eventually.

Yeah. Let's earn those pennies while we lose millions and possibly postpone the restart of elective surgeries because the state has inflated COVID numbers now. That makes total sense.

License, career > job. Have some common sense.

Why would doctors be so intimidated? They can easily report it.

Just like pharmacists toiling in retail pharmacies with massive staff cuts can complain to ethics hotline for unsafe work environment haha. Why do you think so many pharmacists are wary of voicing dissent, they can easily be replaced by a young clueless pharmacist. Now doctors are not easily replaceable as us pharmacists but no one likes to stir the water at work.

Just like pharmacists toiling in retail pharmacies with massive staff cuts can complain to ethics hotline for unsafe work environment haha. Why do you think so many pharmacists are wary of voicing dissent, they can easily be replaced by a young clueless pharmacist. Now doctors are not easily replaceable as us pharmacists but no one likes to stir the water at work.

Doctors make more money by reporting fraud. There is a huge financial incentive for them to do it.

I am having an extremely hard time believing LazyPharmacist2.0 actually graduated college.

• Haha
Yeah. Let's earn those pennies while we lose millions and possibly postpone the restart of elective surgeries because the state has inflated COVID numbers now. That makes total sense.
It goes deeper than that bro, this whole thing wasn't about the money to begin with. It is to create the illusion of a pandemic for more sinister reasons.

Your perspective on the world will dictate how you view all of this. No need to argue about this further lol.

I am having an extremely hard time believing LazyPharmacist2.0 actually graduated college.

You can tell the guy lack logic.

This is what happens when you let everyone and their mom into pharmacy school.

• Haha
Why you gotta be mean like this bro? What did I do to you, lol.

I promise to wear my face mask when I am outside and in the car, pinky promise. I must do my part to flatten the curve.

I'm starting to believe its actually just a troll account. It wouldn't be logical to think this poster is being genuine with all the things that are being said.

Why you gotta be mean like this bro? What did I do to you, lol.

I promise to wear my face mask when I am outside and in the car, pinky promise. I must do my part to flatten the curve.
Pretty cute stuff.

This is what happens when you let everyone and their mom into pharmacy school.

What is happening defies logic. If you had any ounce of logic you wouldn't be saying this.

If you knew how to apply dialectical materialism, for example, you would understand the forces behind this pandemic. But I'm just an idiot who is spewing conspiracy theories.

Again, what incentive is there for doctors to commit fraud? Doctors are putting their license at risk because of some crazy hospital administer? I don’t follow your logic.

I actually agree with you but this is poor logic. What incentive does any employee have to commit fraud for their employer? Yet it still happens.

Illinois’s top health official explained that any victim diagnosed with the novel coronavirus would be classified as a COVID-19 death—regardless of whether it contributed to the patient’s death.

If you died of a clear alternate cause, but you had Covid at the same time, it’s still listed as a Covid death,” Dr. Ngozi Ezike, the director of Illinois's Department of Public Health, explained to reporters.

Now why would they be doing this? This is so hard to understand lol.

I actually agree with you but this is poor logic. What incentive does any employee have to commit fraud for their employer? Yet it still happens.

I am talking about a nationwide fraud here.

Employed physicians rarely do so. We are way better off reporting it (see: whistleblower payouts).

If I commit fraud I might make a few hundred K best case. If I whistleblow, I can make millions.

Study recently published BMJ

The focus on #COVID19 death rates neglects the fact there are 4x as many people who spend 1-2 weeks in the hospital. True, elderly die at much higher rates, but younger adults hospitalized at high rates. Of 2,741 hospitalized: -
  1. Most (53%) were age<65 -
  2. 437 (16%) were age<45

When looking at the 990 #COVID19 patients in this cohort who developed critical illness (ICU admission, intubated on life support, death, or discharge to hospice): -

1. 40% were age <65 -
  2. 91 (9.2%) patients were 19 to 44 years old

And for those who think #COVID19 poses no risk to the non-elderly population, spend a few minutes browsing some of the #COVID19 survivor group facebook pages. Ailments and debility persist for weeks. You do not want these things to happen to you: Log into Facebook | Facebook

So let's not ignore that the "risk" of #COVID19 is not just death. Yes, older adults account for the majority of those who die. Younger adults also get hospitalized, but tend to pull through. Trust me, you would rather not test your chances

Thank you @kit_delgadoMD from the UPenn ER for summarizing the work of @leorahorwitzmd and her team at NYU the lead author of the study just released in the BMJ.

This isn't nothing. It is not something that only effects a small number of people. This not something that only effects old people. This is a huge health problem affecting the entire world and people who minimize it are either uninformed or deliberately misleading

Nothing in this post supports your statement "but younger adults hospitalized at high rates". The data you shared was a breakdown OF hospitalized patients.

I'm starting to believe its actually just a troll account. It wouldn't be logical to think this poster is being genuine with all the things that are being said.

I agree with this. They made their first post on May 1 and have posted exclusively in 1 or 2 threads about COVID (or the lack of its seriousness).

• Haha
I agree with this. They made their first post on May 1 and have posted exclusively in 1 or 2 threads about COVID (or the lack of its seriousness).
I am bringing awareness, what's wrong with that. Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean they're a troll.

And you also have states that are manipulating numbers to look better. There was a Florida scientist who was fired for refusing to manipulate (read: falsify) the numbers.

And you also have states that are manipulating numbers to look better. There was a Florida scientist who was fired for refusing to manipulate (read: falsify) the numbers.

In Illinois we increase our Covid count

Bro, hospitals and physicians risk being put on the Medicare exclusion list for a 20% bump all the time. What's the worst that happen to them? A 99.9% chance of going out of business? YOLO, bro.

Reactions: 2 users
Bro, hospitals and physicians risk being put on the Medicare exclusion list for a 20% bump all the time. What's the worst that happen to them? A 99.9% chance of going out of business? YOLO, bro.
Under normal circumstances, they've been given the green light on this one

I wish I could do what Dan Le Batard does:

Guillermo, put up a poll "Is LazyPharmacist2.0" a troll or not?

Nothing in this post supports your statement "but younger adults hospitalized at high rates". The data you shared was a breakdown OF hospitalized patients.
No to let the facts get in the way of a good story or to mock your lack of reading comprehension, but I quoted Dr. Kit Delgado of the University of Pennsylvania who said:

True, elderly die at much higher rates, but younger adults are hospitalized at high rates

He didn't say higher rates, he said high rates.

I wish I could do what Dan Le Batard does:

Guillermo, put up a poll "Is LazyPharmacist2.0" a troll or not?
I knew it would come to this, my dissenting voice has to be silenced.

My job here is done. Many have seen the other side to this and the seeds of doubt have been planted.

Those with vested interests in the status quo, the petty bourgeoisie, will soon see their demise. The system that you labor in preserving will devour you. It will show no one mercy.

For it is written:

"Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand."

My job here is done. Many have seen the other side to this and the seeds of doubt have been planted.

Those with vested interests in the status quo, the petty bourgeoisie, will soon see their demise. The system that you labor in preserving will devour you. It will show no one mercy.

For it is written:

"Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand."
1447427921090.gif

For it is written:

Literally nobody is trying to silence you.

And literally nobody buys what you are selling that didn't before.

Literally nobody is trying to silence you.

And literally nobody buys what you are selling that didn't before.

I don’t know bro, he made some good points. Did you see the part where it is written?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
CVS pharmacists are paid salary, why do they try so hard to meet the metrics? lol

• Haha