people who applied late (october and on..)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pbure

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I sent in aadsas on oct. 22nd. The schools got my file on Dec. 13th, my DATs on Dec. 29th and my cheques and pics around early-mid January. Can anyone clue me in as to when I should be expecting some replies? I applied to BU,NYU,Temple,Columbia and Tufts. My infosource hasn't been updated since Jan 6th. I am in a bind here as I am being pressured to commit to a research contract for my professor for the 2005-2006 school year in the event I don't make it in this cycle.
Anyone here in the same boat or have some experience with these schools? I'm pretty sure even if I do interview it would only be for waiting/alternate lists. lemme know. thanks

Members don't see this ad.

pbure said:
I sent in aadsas on oct. 22nd. The schools got my file on Dec. 13th, my DATs on Dec. 29th and my cheques and pics around early-mid January. Can anyone clue me in as to when I should be expecting some replies? I applied to BU,NYU,Temple,Columbia and Tufts. My infosource hasn't been updated since Jan 6th. I am in a bind here as I am being pressured to commit to a research contract for my professor for the 2005-2006 school year in the event I don't make it in this cycle.
Anyone here in the same boat or have some experience with these schools? I'm pretty sure even if I do interview it would only be for waiting/alternate lists. lemme know. thanks

Honestly, you are applying very late. Your GPA is borderline, so I think Columbia is probably very unlikely. You may have a chance at BU and NYU because they fill large classes fairly late. Good luck!

I applied on 10/19/2004. The schools also got my stuff on 11/29/04. I have already interviewed at BU, Temple, and NYU. I have an interview scheduled with UNLV near the end of the month. Your stats look good to me. You should call the schools up to make sure that your application is complete.

Members don't see this ad :)
quiet guy how did you interview with NYU so fast? How soon after they got your application did you get contacted by them, and when was your actual interview?

I applied earlier than you and still haven't heard anything. I got 22 on the
DAT so I thought I was a lock there. You think I should call them and see what's up?

pbure said:

... dont worry I applied even later than you, Oct 26th. Ive done 3 interviews so far... schools contacted me in december. However, when i filed my AADSAS applications, I sent the checks to schools right away, instead of waiting to hear from them... Be patient, they will contact you... some take forever to process stuff.

rajmahal2004 said:
quiet guy how did you interview with NYU so fast? How soon after they got your application did you get contacted by them, and when was your actual interview?

DAT so I thought I was a lock there. You think I should call them and see what's up?

did you look at his gpa? that could explain the quickness... :confused:

rajmahal2004 said:

I was contacted by NYU about 1 month after my application was complete. I Interviewed at NYU at the end of January. You should definitely call Amy to let her know that you are interested in the school.

Yup, I would definitely give your schools a call. Considering all the information and paperwork all these schools receive I'm surprised they are on top of it as it is. When I was at my interview at Buffalo, the receptionist actually had to go through a pile of unopened mail in order to find my letter of recommendation.

I sent in my AADSAS app on October 30th, and my recommendation committee didn't finish up my letter until mid-November, so I was late in the cycle as well. I think I heard from NYU about a month after that, so with luck you should be getting a letter from them soon.

My GPA and DAT scores are on par with yours, pbure, so keep your spirits up. :oops:

William Olympus said:
Yup, I would definitely give your schools a call. Considering all the information and paperwork all these schools receive I'm surprised they are on top of it as it is. When I was at my interview at Buffalo, the receptionist actually had to go through a pile of unopened mail in order to find my letter of recommendation.

I sent in my AADSAS app on October 30th, and my recommendation committee didn't finish up my letter until mid-November, so I was late in the cycle as well. I think I heard from NYU about a month after that, so with luck you should be getting a letter from them soon.

My GPA and DAT scores are on par with yours, pbure, so keep your spirits up. :oops:

Thanks man. Can anyone give me any tips on when the best time to call would be and whom I should ask to speak with? I'm going to try and ring BU and NYU tomorrow or early next week.

pbure said:
Thanks man. Can anyone give me any tips on when the best time to call would be and whom I should ask to speak with? I'm going to try and ring BU and NYU tomorrow or early next week.

NYU - Amy Knowles -9:00 am est
BU - Liane Webber 9:00 am est

I filed my AADSAS application in the first week of October and I got accepted to NYU without interview 3 days before Christmas. My GPA was considerably lowered than Quiteguy and DAT score was just a bit better than his.

I definitely think you have a great chance at NYU. Just hang in there and keep checking that mailbox of yours.

Definitely call Amy. As you will find out on your interview day, there's something about Amy Knowles that makes you turn your back on her and laugh. You will know what I mean.

Good luck.

"considerably lowerer"

i think u meant, "considerably lower" LOL

SadSmile said:
I definitely think you have a great chance at NYU. Just hang in there and keep checking that mailbox of yours.

Definitely call Amy. As you will find out on your interview day, there's something about Amy Knowles that makes you turn your back on her and laugh. You will know what I mean.

Good luck.

I think she's just very into her job, that's all. As such I'm sure she'll be happy to help.