People who ar or were pre-med at Oregon State please help!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dadum12

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I just had my START registration session where I registered for my fall term classes. I am an incoming freshman and I have a little ambivalence about the Calculus course. So I took AP Calculus AB in high school for which I got credit for MTH 251 and 252. My advisor told me that I didn't actually need to take calc again since I already have the credit and I can supposedly use it for med school requirements. However, another premed advisor that I talked to said that it would be good to take calc over again as a solid basis for physics in the future. I have registered for Biology, Chemistry, a Health class(for bacc core), a orientation class for my major, and psychology(planning on doing a minor in psych). I don't know if I should take calculus in the fall term with the classes that I have or if I should wait and start the course in winter(since it's only a series of two classes). Should I maybe switch psych out and start calc in fall term? Any thoughts or advice that you guys can give would be really great. Thanks in advance!! :love:

Members don't see this ad.

.... take it again. You'll thank yourself for the easy A's (assuming college calc isn't 100% new material).

I agree, take it again. I would not switch psych out for it this term though. You already have a heavy schedule and would not recommend doing Bio, Chem, and Calc all in the same term your first term in college. Later you will be able to handle that kind of schedule, but probably not now.