People who are invited to Columbia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ddsjymaeng

dentalschoolgogogo
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The hotels are really expensive and just wondering where r u guyz gonna stay?

Also is the medical center close to NYU, cuz my friend lives in NYU and if its close then I might stay there

Members don't see this ad.

they gave you the address of the medical center, so you can mapquest it to find out how far it is from your friend's place.

Members don't see this ad :)
While Columbia (probably 100 something street) is not close to NYU (27th street), getting to Columbia from NYU is no problem at all. The trains from the subway system come every five minutes or so and they take you all over the city. It takes prob around 10 minutes of train ride from NYU. Fee is $2 each way.

thanks
good luck on your application

i'm staying at home til interview day - nyc resident

BUT, to help you out: they have a website, www.hopstop.com

you can punch in NYU's addy and then Columbia's and it'll tell you how to get to columbia by train. HOWEVER, make sure you are up to date on construction on subway lines. although i don't think it'll be that big of a deal on a weekday, it has been known to happen.

see you there! :thumbup:

columbia: 168 st, near 1/A trains
NYU: 22-27 St, East Side.

Hopstop.Com is the best way to figure it out.

Hotels are expensive, but you can find deals from sites like travelocity (hotel+airfare...).

Taxi uptown would be 20-30 bucks, during rush hour, if he moves quickly - and should take 20 min - 25 min depending on traffic and if he gets a good light pattern.