People who got accepted to UPENN

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

john9192

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
First of all,
Congrats to all of you who got into dental school as of today.
I'm really getting nervous b/c I'm going to be applying next cycle.
It is comming up!!

Did any of you guys with science GPA below 3.5 get into Upenn this year?
I checked predents.com and there was like 1!
Just curious because it seems like they weigh more on your GPA more than anything else. Thanks guys.

Members don't see this ad.

Keep in mind that not everyone puts their stats up on the PreDents website. You are likely not getting a fair representation of the total applicant pool.

That being said ... although I do believe that more than one person with a sub 3.5 GPA has been accepted to Penn, I agree with your observation that Penn ADCOMS tend to value high GPA's over most other things.

Members don't see this ad :)
Avg gpa for last yrs class was close to a 3.7. Dont waste time applying if you have below 3.5 unless you have some type of "special" situation (ie. you are a minority/have a connection).

At my Penn interview they made a specific point of said that they look for "people" not "numbers" so I would say that you actually have a good chance of getting in with a lower GPA.

Just my $0.02

At my Penn interview they made a specific point of said that they look for "people" not "numbers" so I would say that you actually have a good chance of getting in with a lower GPA.

Just my $0.02

What school doesnt say that though you know? Im sure they look at "people" AFTER the "numbers." D-school is hit or miss.

Im just bitter..

id say def apply even if you have below a 3.5! the avg this year was about a 3.7, but that still means that plenty of people with gpa's below 3.5 got admitted, i even know people with close to 3.0's that got in. a high gpa will help but they look at so much more.