Percentage correct on mature cards?

Konigstiger

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering around what percentage correct you guys usually get while studying your matured cards. I'm usually in the low 80s or high 70s, which I don't think is very good, but I'd like some other data points for reference.

Also, if this number really is low enough to be concerning, any tips on what I should do to correct it? Lower the ease interval, maybe? I feel like my memorization skills have just been steadily deteriorating since the start of medical school lol.

Members don't see this ad.

General consensus on r/medschoolanki is anywhere between 80-90%. One thing that did bring my average down was pressing "again" even if I knew the card but I wanted to see the card before Step. For example, Step is in 2 months, but the interval choices for the card was 3 months, 4 months, 5 months and I was sure I wanted to review that card before Step. I also always had my max interval at 6 months and felt that worked out pretty well.

+1 for true retention ~85% on mature cards. However if Step1 is pass fail you should consider how important it is for you to optimize this percentage. Is there a meaningful difference between 78% and 85% in term of Step outcome?
Anyways this formula is widely used to bring up (or down) your true retention. I’ve found it very helpful. Just know that it will cause you to have more reviews each day which is why I question whether it’s worthwhile for a pass fail ecam

Interval Modifier = log(desired retention%) / log(current retention%)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm usually in the neighborhood of 96-98% correct on mature cards; MS2 with approx 11k mature cards for reference.

I'm usually in the neighborhood of 96-98% correct on mature cards; MS2 with approx 11k mature cards for reference.
First off that’s very impressive. Your memory must be amazing. For reference I was closer to OP usually around 80% +/- 2%. If you’re getting 96% right you are probably not optimizing the forgetting curve. How many reviews are you doing per day?