percentage scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

giguerex35

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
might be a stupid question but what would a 70% of questions correct be equivalent to on the new mcat per section so 70% of questions on psych/soc section = 127? 125?
or relatively/on average for that matter
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

It is all relative. The exam is scaled so a percentage of people are in each score category. A 70% on one test may equate to a higher score on one exam vs another and visa versa.

Try not to go down the rabbit hole on this one. The information is out there if you dig, but you'll just be torturing yourself. From the torture I've done to myself, however, I think 70% tends to be around 125-126, probably a little lower on the CARS section. This comes with every caveat in the world attached, since yes the tests are scaled, and also my information is based on the spreadsheets of other tormented souls and their late-night mental self-mutilations. Study more, self-torture less.

Reactions: 1 user
Try not to go down the rabbit hole on this one. The information is out there if you dig, but you'll just be torturing yourself. From the torture I've done to myself, however, I think 70% tends to be around 125-126, probably a little lower on the CARS section. This comes with every caveat in the world attached, since yes the tests are scaled, and also my information is based on the spreadsheets of other tormented souls and their late-night mental self-mutilations. Study more, self-torture less.
spoken like someone who has truly gone through this process