Personal Statement A whole word GONE!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nahnia

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just looked over my personal statement and noticed an exclusion of a whole word. I don't know how this happened. I copy and pasted my essay in AMCAS so a word gone in the middle makes no sense. Instead of witnessing the pain of loved ones I just have witnessing the pain of loved. I don't know what to do should I resubmit my application??:eek:

Members don't see this ad.

I just looked over my personal statement and noticed an exclusion of a whole word. I don't know how this happened. I copy and pasted my essay in AMCAS so a word gone in the middle makes no sense. Instead of witnessing the pain of loved ones I just have witnessing the pain of loved. I don't know what to do should I resubmit my application??:eek:

There is nothing you can do. Once you submit you can't make changes to your personal statement. Don't worry. These things happens. Just make sure to proof read after copy and pasting your secondaries.

Amcas called it a formatting error, and the Harvard admissions office said I could send them the correct one but ehhh. I'm hoping the quality of my ps will shine through. My mentor is also going to give his 2 cents on the matter. I've calmed down a lot since my post lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
calm is good. one word is not going to make or break your application. A strong applicant is a strong applicant.

-cj8

Sadly to say, I have done almost something similar last year . Hopefully the adcom won't use it against you as lack of responsibility. lol. :rolleyes:

Yea well if they do then that's the height of lameness. Evil medical school application process:(

It shouldn't be that big of a deal. Fortunately for you, those mostly get skimmed over anyway.

Yea the word gone thing is ehhh right now. Now I'm just sitting and stressing about my August mcat. Hopefully this is not too late. This whole process has me going through bouts of depression. Wish I could fast forward my life:(

If you don't do well and don't get in, don't worry. I felt that same pressure last year. I felt the need to get in and start into med school right away out of college. As a result, I did not take the time to do what I needed to do and I ended up withdrawing the majority of my applications. My advice is take it as it is. If you kill it and get in, GREAT! But if you don't get in (for whatever reason) buckle down and get it done next year. That's all you can do. Don't let the anxiety get to you, and don't let yourself ever, ever, give up on your dreams.

Woohoo Harvard interview......guess it didn't matter lol :D