Personal Statement - Am I Getting too Personal?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PatchSusan

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
OP I wouldn't post this here. Try utilizing a PM to verified PS readers. They will give you an objective review.

As an aside, the PS is meant to be personal. Let your emotions flow through, tell your story.

Reactions: 1 user
Please remove your PS. Use PM to have people look at it.

Also, I did look at the first paragraph and you have done EXACTLY what adcoms say you should not do.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
OP I wouldn't post this here. Try utilizing a PM to verified PS readers. They will give you an objective review.

As an aside, the PS is meant to be personal. Let your emotions flow through, tell your story.

Sorry, I am knew to this. Not sure what PS and PM stand for or how to delete this thread.

You don't have to be super eloquent, it makes you sound less sincere and down to earth. get out your laptop and type your feelings about your experiences and what you learned, then go from there. People don't want to read a treatise on philosophy, they want to get to know you

There are dedicated personal statement readers on one of the threads in the pre-med section

Pretentious and obscenely flowery. I don't often read personal statements so I'm no authority, but I absolutely detest the way you phrase virtually everything in the first few paragraphs. Couldn't make it past that point.

edit: Oh it went away... well that's probably for the best

Reactions: 1 users
hello, i need help... i live in a extreamly hot area and need some fresh and not expensive scrubs

Reactions: 2 users