Personal Statement Ending

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HeyyouETSU

One Man Pharmy
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I just PM'd you a response.

I think it's a matter of choice for you. You will likely receive feedback from people with great opinions about having it and not having it. I think it's ok to show excitement about the program while remaining unassuming.

i think rather than asking them to consider you for pharmacy school, you should be more assertive (never be humble! but never be boastful) and say why you'd be a good candidate for pharmacy school

i somewhat summarized in my conclusion why i wanted to get into pharmacy school and how my experiences have helped me and will help me be a good pharmacy student candidate + future pharmacist

Members don't see this ad :)
The short answer to your question, imho, is NO, do NOT ask them to consider you .... that's what this whole process is about, it is a given, I do not believe it something you have to restate. Now, maybe to help you a bit:

Each person does their Personal Statement in their OWN and UNIQUE way! How you write this essay is what will set you apart from other pharmacy candidates. For me, I chose to use a timeline approach. I discussed personal issues growing up I had, where I got my Bachelors Degree, why I chose the initial career I chose, when and why I wanted to pursue pharmacy, why I am a good candidate, and where I hope to be in 5 - 10 years practicing pharmacy. I made NO mention of "thank you for considering me" or anything of the such. It is YOUR personal statement, make it genuine, assertive, and show through your personal experience and actions why you would be good. If you can do this, you are saying "Consider me please", but you are not doing so explicitly.... you are making them want to interview you by telling them your credentials.

The moral of the story here is take your time, be assertive, be grammatically correct, be truthful, and be genuine. I am certainly not saying this is the only way a statement could be done, but you know what, I got in, applied to one school early admission, have some prefeqs to go, but I am ACCEPTED.

Best of luck as you continue writing your statement.

If you have any questions or need any further help, feel free to respond this thread or email me.

Sincerely,
Shawn (Futurerxguy)