General Admissions & OTCAS Personal Statement/Evaluations/transcript entry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lorow

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there guys! This is the first year I am applying through OTCAS. I am wondering if anyone has any comments about the format/length for the personal statement?

Also, if our school asks for letters of recommendation, then the evaluations under the supplemental portion of the application is what they need right?

And has anyone signed up for the professional transcript entry this year? I signed up before I realized that I had to have ALL my other materials submitted before they start working on it. I am still working on my essays and starting to panic! Anyone have any experience with the turn around time for this yet this year?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

There isn't a specified length, but I'd recommend calling up each of your programs and asking them. Some schools don't have a max, others do. You could also try to check their website, but I'd say calling is easier.

And yes, letters of recommendation are the "evaluations" section under supporting information on the application. You enter in the information of the person writing the letter, and they'll get an email from OTCAS with a link to submit/upload the letter once they finish it. If you haven't asked yet, you should be approaching people about writing you a letter by now. Definitely give them about a month to write it for you (minimum 2 weeks).

I did not sign up for the professional transcript entry this year. (Honestly, I'm way too cheap to pay for it.) So I really can't say much at all about the turn around time.

There isn't a specified length, but I'd recommend calling up each of your programs and asking them. Some schools don't have a max, others do. You could also try to check their website, but I'd say calling is easier.

And yes, letters of recommendation are the "evaluations" section under supporting information on the application. You enter in the information of the person writing the letter, and they'll get an email from OTCAS with a link to submit/upload the letter once they finish it. If you haven't asked yet, you should be approaching people about writing you a letter by now. Definitely give them about a month to write it for you (minimum 2 weeks).

I did not sign up for the professional transcript entry this year. (Honestly, I'm way too cheap to pay for it.) So I really can't say much at all about the turn around time.

Thanks for the reply! I have already asked all my evaluators , 2 are submitted and the last one should be done today. I was just starting to worry I got something wrong!

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine is about 2.75 pages. For the letter of recommendation, you enter their name and contact information under evaluations in the supporting information section. I almost signed up for the prof. transcript entry because I thought it was going to be too involved to do it myself but actually it was pretty easy. I think you can change your mind on that as long as you haven't submitted anything yet.

Hey there guys! This is the first year I am applying through OTCAS. I am wondering if anyone has any comments about the format/length for the personal statement?

Also, if our school asks for letters of recommendation, then the evaluations under the supplemental portion of the application is what they need right?

And has anyone signed up for the professional transcript entry this year? I signed up before I realized that I had to have ALL my other materials submitted before they start working on it. I am still working on my essays and starting to panic! Anyone have any experience with the turn around time for this yet this year?

Thanks!
I also opted for the Professional Transcript Entry. How long did it take?