Personal Statement: [is it OK 2 write about endo specialization?]

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Axis

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody!

At the moment I'm writing my personal statement and I'm not sure whether it is OK to mention in the goals part, that after getting DDS/DMD degree I'm going to continue my education to become an endodontist. Guys, how do you think, can this fact affect my admission to Dental School into the Advanced Standing program? Do they [admission committee] prefer to accept candidates who is going to practice General Dentistry after graduation?

Also could anyone, please, read my SOP and give a few comments on it (maybe you'll find some grammar errors or anything else…). Please, PM me if you are interested.

Thank you very much for your attention! Any opinions are very welcome!

Members don't see this ad.

well it is absolutely fine to write about ur future goals ,this shows that how motivated ur,but then u should have reasons enough to prove that what got u so interested in endo.Basically from my experience ,this really helps during ur interviews too ,because u will be asked about ur interests and future goals and then u get talk at length about ur interest in endo .
Good Luck:)